Thursday, August 18, 2022

finishing a trio with Burt

And to think: I very nearly missed him.
Had he not been in the opening montage, 
I would have switched off the tv and done - 
I don't know, just 'something else' - 
until it was time for those Harper boys 
to entertain me with their shenanigans.
And what might I have declined to view?
"The X-Files".
I have not been watching those episodes devoid of Mulder.
Perhaps I need to revisit that policy and reassess my viewing schedule.
And that's all thanks to "Improbable", as unlikely as that sounds in print.
(smile!)
But I do enjoy Burt Reynolds and his quirky smile.
He may as well have a neon sign flashing around his neck, reading "follow me for fun!"
That was him, dancing his 66-year-old self around as Scully and Reyes played checkers.
That was in 2002, the show's 9th season, and this was one of those stand-alone episodes that I tend to enjoy...
but I had missed it because it wasn't a Mulder and Scully, it was a Scully and Reyes and Doggett.
Silly me!
I'll be on the alert for it next time it comes around!
(smile!)
And, hopefully, I'll have another chance to see "Bullet Train".
I watched it for a second time on Tuesday and the folks at my favorite cinema told me it was leaving them this week, but would still be at the AMC 11. 
Yep, just as funny and fast and furious as it had been the first time!
Then, yesterday, I saw the new Diane Keaton flick, "Mack And Rita".
That was a lot of fun, too, and a nice twist of "Big" and "Freaky"!
Hahahaha! Hahaha!
Today, as it's Thursday and my A*List trio had one more slot open, I caught "Mrs. Harris Goes To Paris" again.
Good thing I did!
I found that I had missed quite a bit of this movie, somehow, when I'd seen it with the bfe.
Beats me how that happened, as I know we weren't talking during it.
Funny!
(smile!)

No comments: