Thursday, August 11, 2022

45-inning vacation: the second 9

Cincinnati had two baseball games going tonight and both ended with the same score!
How about those little red apples?
 
Yes, indeed, the Reds game against the Chicago Cubs, at the Field Of Dreams, was a loss, with them making it across home plate only twice compared to four times for Illinois.
I caught the last two innings on TV after I finally returned to my suite.
Kevin Costner may have been in the booth at one point, but was gone by the time I tuned in.
That's okay - I was just glad to have caught part of the game at that place so special to me!
(smile!)
And here's the nice coincidence with the Ohio team here in Daytona.
The Tortugas had scored two runs in the third inning, with the Lakeland Flying Tigers having zip.
Then, late in the game, the Tigers got two men on base and brought 'em home... then they did it again!
That was the story for both the 7th and 9th innings.
Seriously, the exact same, just different men running in!
The Tortugas lost, 2 to 4, just as their parent team would do later tonight.
And I was there for both.
Right place, right time!
(smile!)
And here I was tonight for Thirsty Thursday at Jacki Robinson Ballpark!
And what attire had I selected for this game?
The Sand Gnats "Cinco De Mayo" shirt, of course!
That was one of the give-away items at a 2007 game of Savannah's last MLB Single-A team.
I sure do miss those boys of summer!
And I miss the specialty give-away treasure, too, like beach towels and bobbleheads, ballcaps and umbrellas!
(smile!)
There's something else I miss at the games in Savannah...
the chicken finger basket!
Seriously, these aren't sold at Grayson Stadium anymore.
Nothing fried is.
And what did I have to wash down the fingers and fries?
Root beer!
32 ounces of Mugs Root Beer!
Can't get that at Grayson, either...
but it's perfect for a Thirsty Thursday!
(smile!)
 
Wondering where I was sitting this time?
Well, I was still in the cheap seats, but I was as close to the grandstand as I could get.
That gave me a great view of home plate, so I could call balls and strikes along with the umpire.
Oh, yeah!
It also set me up for this fabulous shot of three Tortugas in a row.
That's one on deck...
one up at bat...
and one already on first base.
What a beauty, right?!
Right place, right time!
(smile!)
Speaking of nice coincidences, here's one from earlier.
I had made sure to check on the movie schedule at Cinematique before this belated bday64 adventure in baseball.
I'm so glad I did!
Three movies I had not yet seen!
The first of those was "The Gray Man", having its final screening today at 4 PM.
Perfect for bouncing across Beach Street to the ballpark after!
Ryan Gosling was wonderful in this, essentially reprising his role from "Blade Runner 2049", which I loved.
But here's the best part.
He and the boss' niece had an inside joke.
"Just another Thursday."
Right?!
And now, I'm in on that joke, too.
Very nice!
i thank You, God!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Here's the local news about the Thursday night game.

https://www.milb.com/daytona/news/doubles-derail-daytona-in-4-2-defeat-to-lakeland