Friday, August 19, 2022

watching a rogue with mi tres amigas

Here are mi tres amigas!
That would be Carolyn, then Barbara, and Sandy.
They're walking back to Barbara's car, after dining and post-movie discussion, at Carey Hilliard's.
Why that restaurant?
Two reasons, really.
First, it's one of the very few midtown that serves late.
Second, we're all locals, born and raised here, so this barbeque joint is practically in our blood.
(smile!)
As for our chatting for two hours there and in Boo's car, it certainly wasn't limited to the film, of course.
After all, we've been friends since 2007, so we carry on about a variety of topics!
Mostly, though, it was about movies in general and "Rogue Agent" in particular.
The 2022 film was not the usual type shown for the Cinema Savannah screenings and might not have been had it not starred Gemma Arterton, a British actress that Thomasz fancies.
I can understand why.
She is a top-notch actress, a la Ashley Judd, able to play a very wide range of characters.
That was made clear to me last year, when I saw her in three very different movies.
I guess that's a good thing that came out of this pandemic.
Had I not been spending so much time at home, I might well have missed those.
Strange how things work out!
(smile!)
I'm so glad that my little foursome was able to be together tonight!
I know they were glad of that, too.
I'm looking forward to more such outings next month.
Why?
Three theatre troupes will be presenting plays!!!
Yes, after a dearth of live shows for so long, it seems the drought may be over!
Let's all cross our fingers and click our heels, shall we?
(smile!)

No comments: