Monday, August 29, 2022

seeing double, double... double features!

Yep, and I've already seen my three 'free' movies for the week!
I know, I know - it's only Monday!!!
But thanks to the Idris Elba duo on Friday, I only had one to go and I just saw it!
Truth to tell, I had planned to pair it with a new vampire flick, but after checking the schedule, it looks like "Bodies Bodies Bodies" won't be around next Friday.
So, I went ahead and watched it today.
I was the only one there, but that was fine by me, as I prefer to see scary movies alone.
Right?
And, as it turned out, this wasn't that scary.
That means it's probably been a major disappointment to those who like horror.
But, hey, they knew it had Pete Davidson in it, so they should have known it would have heavy touches of comedy.
And it did... but I don't want to spoil the ending.
Just bear in mind that the plot involves a bunch of spoiled millenials who were having a hurricane party at a friend's parent's mansion while his folks are away.
'Nuff said.
What about another double feature?
Well, that was the week before.
I had known I might have a problem trying to get in my A*List during my stint with Central Casting, so I had gotten in a two-fer on the 22nd.
On the 25th, after two 13-hour days in a row on a sunny set, I had just enough energy left for an anime movie... 
especially as I'd already seen it!
This time, though, I opted for the English-dubbed version of "Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero", rather than reading subtitles.
That was good, as I caught things I'd missed before.
Plus, I was able to tell the mother and son pair watching with me to stay tuned until the end of the credits, as there was a nice little extra bit.
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Oh, did you catch the song referred to in the post title?
Yep, that was "Double Vision", by Foreigner!
Woohoo!