Saturday, August 6, 2022

pitts and bullocks and tatums, oh, my!

How wonderful to see that trio reunited for "Bullet Train"!
I had so enjoyed them in "The Lost City", so many times!
Here's the difference: this time around, Sandra and Channing had the bit parts and Brad was the one all over the movie.
Very nice!
They work so well off each other, too.
I do hope they will be cast in other movies together - I'll certainly go to see them!
(smile!)
By the way, I had company at the cinema.
No, I'm not referring to the handful of folks also there in the 500-seat BigD screening room.
Barbara joined me there!
Actually, this outing today was her idea.
She's really trying to make it up to me for the snafu last weekend.
Good.
She had first approached me about having a late lunch together on Saturday.
I'd told her I wanted to see a matinee of the movie, and she even looked up the times.
Good.
Then, she said she would join me there, even though she'd already seen it.
Good!
And we both truly enjoyed it, laughing at the same places, in awe of its speed and contortions and twists and zany assassins!
Afterward, it was down the road we went to dine.
She was the one who came up with the restaurant for a change.
Good!
Carey Hilliard's is always a comfortable fit for us locals.
(smile!)
I thought I was going to have one thing, but I changed my mind and got the shrimp salad sandwich instead.
How very good!
The coleslaw was the perfect side dish, too, both creamy with mayonnaise.
The conversation was perfect as well.
For once, Barbara didn't try to monopolize the table, allowing me to start chains of thought from time to time.
Heck, we even had a couple of times when neither of us spoke!
That's a minor miracle right there!
Yes, this was good for both of us.
I think I may celebrate by being a nerdfighter of Kiva.
You know - do a little something to mark the occasion.
I've been with Kiva for quite a few years and have made 36 loans so far.
Bear in mind that each loan requires a minimum $25 to be invested.
So, that should indicate that I've paid Kiva nine hundred dollars for the privilege of helping others make their lives better.
However, that is not correct.
I've only invested $280 of my own funds.
Many of the loans I've made have been paid for with funds repaid by former loan recipients.
How cool is that?
Helping others to help others, just by being responsible loan makers.
Yeah, I want to do that today.
I hope I have funds enough built up from repayments.
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

FYI: I did have funds built up in my Kiva account!
So, I did help a woman in El Salvador with her loan.
Win, win!

https://filmloversinscenicsavannah.blogspot.com/2022/08/helping-someone-in-country-i-once.html