Wednesday, February 28, 2024

better now, with change of scenery

I've been intermittently in tears several times today.
It all started this morning, when I had popped onto fb to check in on folks.
That's when I saw the message between Sue in Canada and her daughter.
I saved the meme and brought it here, to my blog...
and started transcribing it, as I do, from the meme to words on a page...
and then found myself crying.
DAMN.
 
Time to get out of the house, I thought, to try to get things under control.
Off to the Purple Planet I went.
The young woman there even gave me a card for my heart-shaped keyring so I don't have to check in with my phone number anymore.
That was nice!
My session on the treadmill went well, so off I went to the next errand.
 
That was at the post office, to pick up a letter I had to sign for.
I'd arranged this pickup on Sunday.
I need not have bothered.
The letter was not there and the two clerks spent twenty minutes trying to find it.
DAMN.
 
I'd planned to go to Chili's for lunch, but now it was too late for that menu.
DAMN.
 
Maybe go elsewhere, like Jalapenos?
No, I plan to be there on Friday...
so, I went home instead.
DAMN.
 
Where I found myself collapsing in tears again.
Again!
DAMN.
What the fresh Hell is wrong with me???
 
Too much stress about the roof and the house insurance, still.
DAMN.
 
Too much stress from NFCU's new online banking format which has led to my having overdrafts for two months in a row.
DAMN.
 
Too much stress from NFCU's new online banking format which has led to me double-paying two different bills this month.
DAMN.
 
Too much stress from the redneck with the lawn service who has called the city about my front yard because my weeds are green and I won't use his business.
DAMN.
 
Too much stress over money due to overpayment of those two bills this month.
DAMN.
 
DAMN.
DAMN.
DAMN.
 
At least the high temperature today was 80.
That was very nice.
i thank You, God.
 
Because the weather was so nice, I made po' girl ceviche for dinner.
That was very nice.
i thank You, God.
 
As there was nothing of interest on TV tonight, I decided to take care of a needed task: the online defensive driving course offered by IMPROV: Traffic School With A Smile, so my car insurance would not soar in April.
That was very nice.
i thank You, God.
 
Now, after completing the first three courses, the smile has reached my eyes again.
i thank You, God.

1 comment:

faustina said...

I wrote to Navy Federal Credit Union about the problems caused by their new online banking format.
Here is the reply.

Navy Federal Response 02/28/2024 :
Thank you for using Navy Federal's eMessaging Service, Ms. Smith. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Unfortunately you can not return to the old site.
We understand change can be hard and frustrating at times. Due to an ever-changing digital world, it was necessary to make some changes in order to provide our members with updated features while maintaining the highest levels of security. Our new Upgraded Online Banking platform will create a more consistent, personalized, and seamless banking experience for our members and employees.

We appreciate your taking the time to send us your feedback, which we've forwarded to our developers. Should you have any additional feedback to share with us, the best way to submit it is through the Give Us Feedback About Your Digital Banking Experience link located in the blue banner at the top of your Accounts page. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.