Tuesday, February 27, 2024

not the luncheon expected...


Josie had told me in January that she had an eye appointment coming up.

That meant lunch here in Savannah on February 27th!

So, I made a note and let Elvis tend to it.

Now, here it is, the an-ti-ci-pated day (inside joke for Rocky Horror fans!).

Only, the thing is, it wasn't just me and her.

She's been working on a book about her adventure in Ghana as a teen.

Now, she's met with the possible publisher of her tome... and I was there, too.

Leigh Rich treated us both to our luncheon at Coffee Deli - that's my Curry Chicken Salad, sans dressing - while she and Josie got to know each other.

I spoke to her briefly about my children's book, "Got Pumpkin?", telling her I'd used Snapfish to publish the copies given to my great-nieces and great-nephews, and she seemed to be interested in pursuing that... but this meeting was for Josie.

Well, for Josie and the publisher.

Hopefully, another luncheon is forthcoming for we two Jenkins Warriors.

Now, I have a movie with mi amiga, Carolyn, that I'm late for...

No comments: