Tuesday, February 27, 2024

donor lesbian spider

"That's a really wackadoodle title you got going there, g'friend." 

Well, it was either that or something lame about a trio with female leads.

"Oh, I already surmised as much. You've finished your AMC A*List, then?"


I have! And get this: it's only Tuesday! But at least I had company for this Tina Tuesday. I ran into Carolyn yesterday at "Drive-Away Dolls", which turned out to be kinda sorta like "Thelma & Louise", if it had been about two lesbians. Which the "Dolls" movie was. Like, really, truly, about girl on girl and girl on dildo. And get this: there was a bit of truth to it! There really had been a hippie-dippie chick in the 1970's who made plaster casts of her lovers' penises. Now, some gangsters want the collection because one of the meaty cocks is that of a would-be senator who had no idea his freewheelin' past would come to bite him on his butt.

"That sounds pretty hilarious."

It was!!! She and I laughed and laughed during the movie! Then we laughed and laughed afterward, too! That's because we knew our other two amigas, Barbara and Sandy, were seeing the later screening of "Drive-Away Dolls" and the thought of their reactions drove our hilarity! They were expecting a regular Coen brothers flick... but, this only had one brother involved, and had more in common with a 1970's drive-in raunchy movie than anything else the Coens ever did. Yeah, they're not gonna get the movie they're expecting!

"Wow. Yeah that doesn't sound like their cup of tea, for sure. And so Carolyn watched "Madame Webb" with you today, after your lunch date with Josie?"

Carolyn did! Amazingly, she had not yet. That's the type of movie she usually sees with the barefoot hobo. I guess he's boycotting Dakota Johnson as the lead, like other comic fans are. It really wasn't that bad, but it did need someone else in the lead. She's such a one-note actress... and this wasn't the role for a pouting sex kitten with hair that never faltered.

"Ouch. I guess it won't be in the cinema much longer, then?"

No, this was its last week. I had expected "Ordinary Angels" to only have one week, but it will be carried over to next week. That's good! It's about organ donation and Hilary Swank is incredibly good as an alcoholic trying to save herself by helping to save the life of a little girl in need of a liver. Like the other "true story" I saw yesterday, this was based on actual events in Kentucky in 1994.

"You're still an organ donor, aren't you?"

I am, and have been from the time I got my first drivers license. I'm hoping that may of my organs - liver, pancreas, lungs, skin, eyes - will still be viable, even though I have Atrial fibrillation. I'm not sure how that works, as I'm on Eliquis. Still, I can donate my body to research, like Auntie Arlene did. Anyway, I have to go! There's a new play as part of the SJCAF and it's starting in an hour.

"Okay, I'll let you go! Bye!"

No comments: