Friday, February 2, 2024

no Phil, but had Calvin and Pam

"Great googly moogly, g'friend! I thought you were going to talk about Groundhog Day."
 
You mean the movie or the day itself?
 
"Hey, my Mama taught me to humor crazy people, so... your choice."
 
How very considerate of you, though a bit snarky, but I'll let that slide, given that it's finally Groundhog Day. The Lucas Theatre showed the movie tonight, but, as you may recall, I had done that up good and proper last year. I chose to spend that money at the Smiths & Kamerons Friday Fiesta. I ate shrimp ceviche! So very good!
 
"What? No photo of the food?"
 
I forgot.
 
"You forgot? Your forgot to take a photograph of something "to make it real"???"
 
Tony just bought a new - I mean NEW, as in 2023 - truck and it's midnight blue. BLUE!!! Not gray or silver or white or black, but gorgeous! And Becca had just returned from a week in Aspen with her mom and talked about all the skiers and Mary Jane shops! No football talk, or politics, just fun stuff! So I forgot to snap a pic.
 
"I see. So, did you watch "Groundhog Day" at home?"
 
Nope! "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" was on and the episode where they all sing and dance - except Willow - was up in the lineup, so I had that with breakfast!!! What a great way to kick off the day!

"Oh, I love "Once More, With Feeling"!!! That tapdancing devil is the bomb diggety!!!"

Yes, he is, and so is James Marsters. I tell you, I watch for this episode, more than any other, and I bet I saw it three times, maybe four, last year... and I watched every minute of it each time!

"Joss Whedon truly did a magnificent job with that one. You can see how he could have created "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog", right?"

For real! I just may need to watch that again, now that you've reminded me of it. So... thanks for that! Now, don't make me shoot you with my Freeze Ray! LOL!

"Hahahaha! Okay, let's move along! What'd you do to mark this special day?"

Actually, it wasn't any of it planned, it just fell together. Well, my going to Jalapenos to be with family was planned, as was my matinee viewing of "Argylle" with Barbara. Going to a new movie screening in Big D on Friday has rather become a regular thing for us! (smile!)

"Oh, very nice! Your Japanese magnolia has truly made a wonderful recovery!"

Yes... and it saw its shadow, too! Hahahaha! So, six more weeks of winter!!! Hahahaha!

"Oh, I get it. Because spring doesn't begin until March 21, which is at least that long away. Good joke! So, how was the spy movie at the cinema?"

Fabulous!!! I wanted to see it again as soon as it ended, that's how good it was! I told mi amiga that I just may burn all three of my A*List dances on it! Oh, speaking of dancing... the movie had a very nice bit of that going on. Lots of good music, lots of good dancing, lots of good action!!! And... Sam Rockwell even did a bit of tapdancing!!!

"Did he really??? That must have been quite nice for you."

Oh, you know it was! Sweet dreams for tonight... but, first, the Universe had two treats for me on the telly. "Groundhog Day" wasn't available for free, but "The Twelve Days Of Christmas" was! That's the 2004 version with Steven Weber, not the recent one with "Frasier Crane". Got to love that fickle finger of fate coming down on his 43-year-old self!

"43? That's how old Bill Murray was when he played "Phil" the weather man!"

Pretty cool coincidence, eh? Weber's character was named Calvin.

"Ah, ha! Okay, okay, I get it! So, who was "Pam"?"

She was Bernard's hapless girlfriend, fated to relive the same Monday over and over and over, "Groundhog Day"-style, for who knows how long, helpless to prevent him from blowing up the bank, as well as Mulder and Scully, each time while she waited outside by the car. No, that's not quite true. In an effort to break the cycle, she tried so many different things, from calling the cops on him or drugging him, to personally warning the two agents, all to no avail. "Pam" was played by Carrie Hamilton, Carol Burnett's daughter.
 
"Let me guess: she was 43 years old, too!"
 
Nope, she was just 36. Really love that episode!
 
"Well, this seems to have been a very nice day for you. Wonderful!"
 
It has been a very nice day!
i thank You, God!
Now, time for those sweet dreams!

No comments: