Tuesday, February 6, 2024

gotta geechee luncheon!

Today, I finally got it!

"Got what, dear? Oh, not the COVID..."

Nope, thankfully! I am now in receipt of the 1988 Geechee!!!

"I'm happy for you...? Is that the right response?"

It is the correct one! Yvonne had unearthed the thing somewhere in her house and told me about it in early January. She didn't know why she'd even bought one, as it didn't have her name or photo anywhere in it. But it had mine!

"Oh, my, look how young you were!"

Well, sure, that picture had to be taken in the fall of 1987. I was just 29 years old then. I guess they didn't realize I was graduating in December, 'cause they listed me as a "senior".

"That's pretty sweet."

The volume even had photos of Sandra Lynn, my BFF, and her soon-to-be hubby, Ernie. Yvonne had looked them up for me, and there they were! I immediately thought of that their darlin' dancin' daughter and how much she might like that time capsule, so I told Yvonne I'd be glad to take it off her hands.

"Oh, good idea! I know Morgan is going to love looking through it!"

Yeah, that's what I think, too. I just may give it a gander before I ship it off to her. Who knows?

"The Shadow knows..."

Hahahaha! Hahaha!!

(smile!) "I thought you'd get a giggle out of that."

I sure did! And now I need to get a wiggle on as we lunched and talked of Armstrong and hugged for almost two hours! Good thing I went ahead and reserved my ticket for "Argylle" online beforehand, or they might not have let me buy a ticket.

"Okay, well, off you go! Have fun seeing that movie again, with all its dancing and skating and spy action!"

You know I will! Bye!

No comments: