Tuesday, February 6, 2024

my car was already famous!!!


Remember how excited I was about my car being in "Pain Hustlers" last year?

"How could I ever forget? You kept having Laura pause so you could take a photo!"

Of course I did! After all, my little Saturn was a movie star, and that kind of thing doesn't happen every day.

"Of course, I get it. You're a proud mama."

Joke all you want. But listen to this: my car is a television star, too!!!

"Whatever do you mean? You never went up to Atlanta for any of those "Will Trent" casting calls, as it would have cost more than you would have made."

All true, sadly, because I do like that show about the autistic, dyslexic, GBI man. Come to think of it, that seems to be the type I go for.

"You must be talking about "Monk" now, though he is billed as obsessive compulsive. I firmly believe he's on the autism spectrum, though."

Me, too!

"So... you were saying something about your fish-face being famous..."

Oh, yes... and she is!!! I was watching "Mr. Monk and the Paperboy", filmed in 2003 and aired in January of 2004 - that's almost exactly two decades ago! All of a sudden, I was distracted during the argument between Sharona and Monk about who was stronger, her or him, by something in the background. Was that my car???

"It does look familiar, I'll grant you that."

It looks more than familiar, you canterkerous person! That's my car!!! Look at those wheel covers! Look at that gorgeous color and those sweet, sweet curves!

"Okay, calm down. I'm not saying that isn't the same exact style of car... just that it can't be your specific car."

Oh, yeah? Why couldn't it be?

"That film takes place in San Francisco. Have you ever had your little fish-face in San Francisco? Well, have you?"

You got me there. I've been out there several times, but always by plane.

"Exactly. But the 2001 Saturn SL in that episode could be your car's long lost cousin..."

That's true! Yes, it could be! I wonder if it's still on the road?

"We may never know. Twenty-one years is a quite a while for someone to keep the same car. Well, for most people."

Hey, I love my little Saturn! She's about to hit 233,000 miles sometime soon. We've had quite a few adventures together, we have! And now that I know her kin is in that TV show from the past, I'll have to pay closer attention to the background players. I'm so glad that Peacock has the series, so I can watch and rewind as much as I like!

"Woohoo!!!"

No comments: