Thursday, February 15, 2024

firehouse subs and parquet flooring

Right place, right time.
Doug had forecast pizza as the pre-meeting repast, but must have changed his mind.
Fine with me!
I had brought Lactaid with me, but I was glad to save it for another day, as I didn't need it for the tuna salad sub.
This was my first meeting since November, I think, and a shiny 2021 penny followed me around until I picked it up.
Seriously!
No one else noticed it, either.
So, why was this the first meeting this year?
The meeting last month had been canceled due to workers being in there removing the flooring.
That meant no chairs, no tables, and concrete dust on everything in there.
That meant I could see the Mongolian film, so I did!
That also meant that I was expecting to see new flooring tonight, and was shocked to see discolored slab instead.
That turned out to be a good thing.
See this"parquet wood" vinyl?
Well, it's the color we decided would be best for the laminate floating floor that will be used for the dance floor at the club.
I suggested that creamy tan as the color to use for the painted slab in the foyer and bar areas.
After all, if it was going to be painted, by use gray?
Doug agreed, taking a photo of the material there and making a note of the tan color.
I was glad I was there to help!
The color should go well with that fresh paint on the walls.
I'm also glad I have nothing planned for Saturday, as I found out tonight that our post and Post 500 are having a fundraiser then.
James of 500 has already lined up one donor and will be making a pitch to garner more money for this project.
No plays to draw me away, so I will plan on coming.
Right place, right time. 

No comments: