Friday, March 8, 2024

friday fiesta, plus two!

We had to have THREE tables this time for the Smiths & Kamerons Friday Fiesta!!!

Two just would not do.

As well as having the full contingent of Kamerons - that would be five, as Addison was down from Athens - and the full set of Smiths - that would be five, including me - we also had two guests down from north Georgia.

Yes, indeed, John and Sherry Schomburg were in town for the 45th Annual St. Patrick's Day Rugby Games at Daffin Park!

That's him, in the green shirt, next to Smitty, with Sherry sitting next to Mary, and Addison on the end.

On the other side of the three-table spread at Jalapenos of Sandfly were Tony and Laura, Betsy in green, Becca beside her, and, as always, Addison on the end.

(smile!)

But wait, you say, were are the Kameron men?

Sitting to either side of me at this end!

On my right was Jimmy, with his margarita.

On my left was Mark, with his beer.

Hey, I didn't want to cause a fuss, so these were candids, right?

At least they're represented with beverages!

(smile!)

But did you notice something different this time?

Almost all the women are at one end, and all the men are at the other.

I'm the only female down with all those guys... and I loved it!

As well as letting me get to know more about Mark and Jimmy, I was treated to their tales of glory that ensued after Schomburg finished his meal. 

That was great fun!

As I told them afterward, I miss hanging out with men.

I had men in the STERI program in high school, I had men at the Savannah Science Museum, I had men in the Cryptologic Technician Maintenance field in the US Navy, and I had men in chemistry classes as well as while teaching chemistry.

Yep, this was a very fun evening for me!

And we were there an hour longer than usual, so everyone there was having fun!

Very nice!

And that's what the FedEx man had to say about my lawn, as he stopped to take a photo of it.

Yes, he did!!!

He said he's going to do his like that!


We both agreed that it was much better looking than the bland yards that my neighbors have.

(smile!)

Yes, a fun day that even my odometer wanted in on, with this cool mileage:

233445

1 comment:

faustina said...

Woohoo!
Jason Bristol, of the City of Savannah yard critique squad, came by this morning...
and he likes my front yard!
We had a very nice chat, with me explaining about the spiderwort still standing tall for the butterflies, and he was just fine with that.
He clearly understands about rude neighbors.
Plus, he likes the pattern in the yard, too!