Tuesday, March 5, 2024

yard work and free concert!


My thanks to the Universe for the warm weather this week and last.

I don't know how well I might have managed if I had cold to deal with, too.

My deep thanks to Elizabeth Carley.

I saw her today and she told me I must get my stress level under control.

She even gave me the name of the social worker there at the VA center, to help me with the whole nightmare of house insurance, to help me keep my house.

Why was she so concerned?

Because I was in tears telling her about having to miss my cardiologist appointment, just as I had in September, just because my PCP didn't sign the referral in time.

So, after I left her office, I took care of me.

I gassed up my Saturn, bought cheese at Aldi's, and loaded up on sale items at Publix.

I watched an episode of "Monk" and relaxed as I ate a cheese wrap.

Then I got out the Ryobi and attacked the yards.

Yes, that's "yards", plural.

I'm going to take care of mowing the weeds - yes, "weeds", because that curly, lightweight, green stuff growing is certainly not grass - but I'm going to do it piecemeal.

According to Jason Bristol of the City of Savannah, I have until March 21 to get the front yard trimmed up.

That's one full month from the date he left the notice on my front door.

That means the rude, redneck, jerk down the street with his own lawncare business will just have to suffer through my yard getting cut in stages.

These photos are just of the right side of the front.

I did clear a swath across the other side of the front yard, to acknowledge it, too.

The point is that a comparison of the two photos clearly shows progress has been made, although the green stuff down by the street still is taller than the 10 inches allowed.

Whatever.

That's where I stopped on the front, then went around to work a little longer on the back.

I had my timer set for a total of 35 minutes, as that's how long my walk on the treadmill is at the Purple Planet, which this exercise took the place of.

I certainly felt in better spirits after leaving my front yard looking like much more of a hot mess than it had.

(smile!)


Then I got cleaned up and went to Savannah Arts Academy.

They had their Midwinter Choral Showcase for me, and it was free!

This was no ordinary concert; it was more of a practice for competitions.

This shows one of the "Sight Singing" lessons the group performed, in which they are given the music for a piece they don't know and they have to learn it in 90 seconds.

I very much liked those four "classes"!


However, this is what I liked most of all, and it wasn't even listed in the program!

That's because the all-boys choir had made a special request of their teacher.

They had memorized this sea chantey about a fellow named Johnny, and even choreographed their performance of it with small groups in linked arms... and it was fabulous!!!

That was exactly what I needed to confirm I was meant to be there.

Right place, right time... 

i thank You, God.

And what was my odometer telling me?

2 3 3, 4 1 1

Very nice, even if I have no name for this mileage reading.

Maybe it's just a Tina Tuesday thing, this one time.

(smile!)

No comments: