Wednesday, March 6, 2024

yard work and WNS!

"More yard work already? 
I thought you were going to be a bit more leisurely about it."
 
Oh, trust me, I am doing that very thing. 
I don't intend to do any more for at least two or three days in the front. 
The back will be where I concentrate my next session, whenever that is.
 
"I take it that this is the other half of the front yard?"
 
Correct-o-mundo.
 
"And it looks to have some kind of pattern..."
 
That's right.
There's a spiral coming out from the Japanese magnolia, then I have three lines parallel to the sidewalk.
Rather nice, isn't it?
 
"Sure, sure. 
And you've cut a pattern in the back as well, I see."
 
Well, I was running short on time -
remember, I've only allotted 35 minutes to these lawncutting sessions -
so I made the one big swath and then some diagonal lines to allow moisture to escape.
It did rain a bit last night.
 
"Ah, yes.
That was after you got home from the concert."
 
That's right.
I even said a little prayer of gratitude that the rain had held off as long as it did.
That concert really was good for lowering my stress level.
 
"Very good, dearie.
And tonight you had good company at Asbury Memorial?"
 
I did, as I sat with the Prokops, plus Pam and Walt.
But this was also one of my favorite meals at the Wednesday night suppers.
That's mostly why I went tonight.
Baked ham!
Baked apple slices!
Coleslaw!
A nice salad that I topped with Olive Garden dressing!
I even had some mac'n'cheese!
And from the dessert table, I snagged the last piece of peach pie!
Honestly, it must have been waiting for me, as it was the only slice there.
i thank You, God!
Little things do mean so much...
and I have a ham sandwich for tomorrow.
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Did I mention that the FedEx guy liked the pattern in the front yard so much that he took a photo of it?
Well, he did!!!
I told that to the City of Savannah man, Jason Bristol, when he came by on Tuesday.
I am so pleased about that!!!

https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2024/03/friday-fiesta-plus-two.html