Friday, March 29, 2024

thanks, john and ryan, for making rough seas smoother

John Avery called this afternoon
He's part of my PCP's team at the Savannah VA Center.
I've been running in circles with the Community Care team in Charleston, trying to make sure there will be no problem with Dr. Cobb getting paid in April.
Sigh.
Twits have written my latest resubmission of my Community Care Authorization with phrases such as "provisional diagnosis" and "unspecified" atrial fibrillation.
Repeated emails through myhealthva.gov have made it clear to me that the people at the Ralph H. Johnson VA Hospital were not paying attention to me.
John Avery called me to assure me that all would be well for my upcoming cardiology appointment with Dr. Cobb.
He also assured me that I had followed all the steps I should have, and in a timely manner, to allow for the resubmission to have been in place for the March 4th appointment.
I had contacted VA Community Care on February 21, they in turn had contacted my PCP on February 22, and then... the Savannah VA Center had botched the request, with Ms. Barker not signing off until February 29 and Charleston sitting on it so long that I had to cancel that March 4th appointment with my cardiologist.
Sigh.
The Charleston Community Care group had then sent the VA Authorization to me, dated March 4th... but through the mail, so it took a week to arrive here in Savannah.
Then there was that wacky wording.
I've had emails at myhealthva.gov winging to and fro ever since, trying to ascertain what the meaning of that language is, and the Charleston Community Care has been obtuse and completely unhelpful, with no explanation forthcoming.
That's why John had called, to assure me that Dr. Cobb would be paid, to assure me that the VA Authorization number was all I would need, and to assure me that he himself has been through similar hassles with the Community Care group in Charleston.
I thought all such hassles were a thing of the past, or so I was led to believe.
The VA MISSION Act of 2018 was supposed to make it a smoother process... right?
Perhaps, one day, he and I will get what was promised six years ago.
Thanks for the call, John.
 
The next friendly voice of commiseration was that of Ryan (RV6) of the Mortgage and Home Equity Division at Navy Federal Credit Union.
This time I initiated the call, after receiving a letter dated March 20 from NFCU which spoke of setting up an escrow account to pay for the house insurance they found for me.
What was that all about???
On February 29, I had signed the application to Georgia Underwriters Association to procure house insurance.
On February 29, I had paid $530.30 to GUA, using my NFCU credit card, to establish a paper trail for that house insurance payment.
On March 6, I had uploaded to the NFCU site the document sent to GUA, to establish that I was obtaining house insurance.
On March 7, NFCU sent me an email that they had received the upload.
Then I heard naught else until today, March 29, when the letter dated 9 days earlier came.
I called NFCU as soon as I'd opened it.
I explained to Ryan all I had done, that I had uploaded the application but had not yet received the policy documents, that I'd paid the first installment in a way that NFCU could track, that I had other documents from the insurance agent that I could send.
Ryan scrupulously copied down the Quote number, the payment schedule, the name of the agent and her phone number and email address.
He had house insurance woes, as a Florida resident who knew many who were dropped from their policies after getting roofs replaced from hail damage.
Fair warning, folks: once you're dropped for such a claim, other insurance companies will shun you for FIVE YEARS from the date of that claim.
That's what happened to me.
That's why Georgia Underwriters Association is the only insurance option I have, and it's a more expensive option with less coverage.
Ryan was on the phone with me for over an hour.
Thanks, Ryan, for being a calm voice of reason and patience.
The next time I call, I'm going to request you again.

Meanwhile, I've missed the fiesta at Jalapenos tonight.
Still, I'm glad I happened to be home to handle these two important phone calls.
i thank You, God.

No comments: