Wednesday, March 20, 2024

thorn between two roses


As I told Dawn at our luncheon, I had carefully arranged events for today.

I had two events I knew I would enjoy, to bookend an event that would be stressful.

First was our time together at The King & I, a relaxing event that I totally enjoyed.

Note to self: that Chicken Satay is the best deal on the menu, so I'll be sure to order it from the appetizer section again, as it definitely makes two protein-rich meals!


The other joyful event, I told her, would be at the Lucas Theatre, a place I love.

The Savannah Music Festival is just a week away now.

Time for all the volunteers for the SMF to join together and say hello!

It will be so nice to see their smiling faces again!


Then, in between the two fun times was a meeting with lawyers.

I had booked the free meeting time with Michael Smith of Smith Barid after attending his webinar on February 22nd.

This date was one of the last ones allowed for the webinar participants.

I recently went through my Living Trust (from 2008) and realized there was no mention of the two people I most want to receive benefit when I'm gone.

So why was I dreading the meeting so much?

I knew it was going to cost me money.

Every time I've had anything changed with the Trust it's cost $500 and I'm feeling a bit stretched thin by all the house insurance thieves.

And was I right in what I told Dawn?

I was.

Updating my Living Trust is going to run $2500, and that's with them granting me a discount as a continuing customer.

At least it will be done right.

No comments: