Sunday, March 10, 2024

kung fu fighters, for less than 5 bucks!


"Sweet!!! I take it that Comcast rewarded you with some free tickets?"

They did, them and Fandango! Comcast gave me a magic code for two free tickets from Fandango, so I used those to get 1 adult and 1 child, for Christina and Chloe. I did have to pay two cents, but what a deal! Then I went to AMC and got my A*List ticket, plus 1 child, cashing in five bucks of reward money with them. So that covered me and Miyah. And we all went to a brand-new movie for less than 5 dollars for the four of us!

"Woohoo!!! Gotta love when that happens!"

Yep! And even though I had already seen "Kung Fu Panda 4", I enjoyed it even more so in their company! And of course we got up and danced during the end credits! I was a little embarrassed when I saw that Tom and Aliscia were standing there watching, but I got over that and kept dancing up there on the apron! I don't think Chloe even noticed them.

"You're talking about Tom and Aliscia of the AMC? They had clean-up detail?"

They did. I told them about getting the girls started with that dancing routine post-movie back when they came for their first movie with me. I knew they had a long ride back to Hinesville and this was a way to kick out the jams, as Blue Oyster Cult would say.

"Yes, dear. Like anyone would know who that group was these days."

Heard. I haven't seen anything about them doing any "remember us" tours, but I haven't honestly been looking.

"Did you and that first niece get to chat at all?"

We did. And guess what the topic was? Her Papa! Amazing, right? So I told her about his name being said on Friday night... and she knew that line of his, too! And I told her about having lunch with him on Sunday and the gnats leaving me alone while I talked to him. That was about the time the gnats noticed us in the AMC parking lot. Those flying teeth are obviously hungry!

"I'm sure she appreciated those good stories about Ronnie."

I know she did. She said he's been on her mind lately, too. I'm glad I had fun tales to share.

"Good move on your part, changing your plans about the SCAD musical to last night instead of this afternoon."

Thanks. I completely agree.

(smile!)

No comments: