Friday, March 1, 2024

rain, rain, rain... and my roof is fine, thanks

I'm even doing better myself. 

My eyes still look as weepy 
as the skies have all day, 
but my head is clearer.

I'm glad I threw myself out of the house for the Smiths & Kamerons Friday Fiesta...

though I very nearly turned around halfway there...

but I kept going.

And here's the strangest thing: about halfway there, the rain stopped.

It just stopped.

From a hard and definite downpour to no rain falling at all justthatfast.

Good.

I was obviously meant to be at Jalapenos tonight...

to be with family and friends...

with hugs and chips & salsa for me.

Good.

Here's the odd part: Mary and Betsy's eyes looked weepy, too.

There must be more pollen in the air than I'm seeing.

I shared with them all my frustrations from the week, flashing f-bombs all around, and they all let me vent about the house insurance and the changes to the NFCU online banking and the redneck with the lawn service that called the city on my green front yard -
and I felt such a relief from offloading to friendly ears.

I then talked about the SJCAF and the Gene Wilder documentary and the Bella Abzug film.

I talked about the "Bright Star" musical and the true story at its heart, and bragged on the kids who did such a wonderful job bringing it to life.

I even talked about the musical this weekend, letting Betsy and Jimmy know I was going on Sunday.

I was feeling right as rain again.

i thank You, God, for my brother Smitty and his family of fine friends.

i thank You, God, for my sister-in-law Mary, who graciously paid my tab tonight.

i thank You, God, for Juan, who waited on me with kid gloves and even suggested adding cherries and caramel to my churros tonight.

Afterward, I even went to the Victory Planet, to walk and watch "TBBT".

Now, I'm home again, and "Penn & Teller: Fool Us" is on with some magic for me.

i thank You, God.

No comments: