Saturday, March 30, 2024

Pedro es segundo a nadia


"Isn't that Spanish? Shouldn't it read 'Pedro não fica atrás de ninguém', since he is Portuguese?"

I'd actually considered that, but then the pun would be lost. See, his name is Pedro Segundo, so I was riffing on that.

"Ah, yeah, I see what you mean."

I was actually going to title this post "Look at the kit on that drummer", but that wouldn't have been quite correct either, as he is clearly a percussionist.

"Plus, it sounded a bit naughty."

Yeah it does... hahaha! I very much enjoyed watching him play as I danced.

"Good for you! Another noon30 with you at the top of the stairs?"

Indeed it was! At the Metal Building, naturally. It's the go-to venue for these early shows, as the Charles Morris Center is not being used for SMF35. It's for weddings and such now.

"That's okay, this venue still has an intimate club feel to it."

True, even though it's much larger.

"So, who was performing on this sunny Saturday?"


Marta Pereira Da Costa, on the fado guitar. She's accompanied by Pedro, as well as Joao Jose Pita, Jr., on a 7-string guitar. The guy on the far right was a guest for a few songs. Named Duarte, he's a Portuguese Fado singer, which means he does things that sound akin to folk songs. All I can say for sure is this: they were not toe-tapping music.

"Guess that was not your favorite part, eh?"

You're right, right, bloody well right, as Supertramp would say. But the trio did have a lot of dance tunes, so I was happy about that. Plus, they did a variation on a favorite Gershwin tune: "Summertime"!!! They had practiced it before the show and I was sure to let them know I recognized it. Very nice!!!
 
"I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself!"
 
Me, too. There were just three of us volunteers that showed up today, out of the six registered. But Mandy and Therra said we did the work of six and were very happy with us! Oh, and Daniela came by again! Did I mention she was there briefly on Thursday? Well, she was and she recognized me right away! Hopefully she'll be the house manager at one of the shows where I'm a volunteer.
 
"Maybe even at this evening's performance? Speaking of, you need to get a move on."
 
Heard! Later!

No comments: