Thursday, August 1, 2024

a leaf and an olive sit in on a bee...


Believe it or not, those are two names of contestants in "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee"
Leaf Coneybear is the lad wearing the skateboarder's helmet, and a nice cape.
Olive "I love" Ostrovsky is the young lass with the glasses and flower headband.
Together, they were chatting up the audience and trying to convince someone to volunteer to some up on stage with them.
Quite entertaining!
The Tybee Performing Arts' late-summer musical is being held at the Tybee Post Theater, no doubt so more folks can see it. 
That's good for me, as I was able to just walk right up and purchase a ticket!
Of course, this was a Thursday, and it's opening night, so not everyone has the freedom of this sixth-year retiree on a warm summer night.
(smile!)
Did I get up on the stage with them, to spell crazy words?
I did not... this time.
That's what I told Henry Dickerson, the one who ran lights for this show, as well as working at the AMC during the afternoon shifts.
That meant we were both pleasantly surprised when we saw each other tonight, as I'd just seen him, and talked to him at length, about the NASA movie earlier today.
How was the musical?
Splendiferous!
I had so wanted to see it when I first heard about it a few years ago.
Was that the same year I saw "Kinky Boots" in Hilton Head?
Quite possibly, as it played at that same theatre.
I'd gladly see this one again, should time permit... though I doubt it will.
Nice to have seen some familiar face gracing the stage - from Savannah Country Day and from Savannah Arts Academy - and I look forward to seeing them in the future!

No comments: