Friday, August 16, 2024

it's the hair

This morning, naught would do but that I watch "The Croods".

I felt absolutely compelled to see it, and to see it now, before doing anything else.

Fortunately, I have it keepsaked in "my stuff" on Peacock, so I could do so.

But it wasn't until nearly the end that I realized what had pulled me so hard.

It was Eep's hair, that unruly mass of red flaring out to both sides of her head, calling to me.

I was very familiar with that hair.

Barbara Nixon, mi amiga, had that hair, too.

That's her, of course, in the blue shirt.

Sandy had posted this photo on Tuesday, of the three of us posing with the bear, from our Beech Mountain vacation in 2017.

That would be four years after the movie debuted.

The photo had come up as a fb memory for Sandy.

By coincidence, I'd had my coffee that morning in the mug I'd made (during the first year of the pandemic) as a memento for each of us. 

Loss adjustment, ongoing, still, for both of us.

When I told Sandy of me starting my day with that cup on that Tuesday, she responded that it was one of her favorite mugs, too.

Right place, right time.

I'll have to recommend this movie about a strong-willed, red-haired, woman to that amiga.

Perhaps it will be a solace for her, as it has been for me.

As the next generation of frothy red-orange hair said, using the tagline of Belt: "Ta dah!!!"

(smile!)

No comments: