Wednesday, August 7, 2024

poppies... poppies will make them sleep

"That's from 'The Wizard Of Oz', right?"

You are correct. That line was uttered by the Wicked Witch as she lured the four travelers into taking a short cut that was off the yellow brick road. All the air breathing animals - Dorothy, Toto, and the Cowardly Lion, all fell asleep from those flowery fumes.

"So, what's the reason for that stray line to be here on your beach?"

Apparently eating poppyseeds doesn't have that same effect. 

"When did you come upon those? That isn't part of your usual intake."

It won't be again, either. I bet was up to pee at least seven times last night. Seven times!!!

"That's terrible!!! You must be exhausted."

I admit, I am tired, but I'll be okay. I have things I want to do today. But, first, I wanted to make a note about that ill effect so I don't repeat it ever again.

"I don't recall you ever having that Sweet Kale chopped kit before..."

Publix had the Taylor Farms bagged salads on sale, so I went with those instead of the Fresh Express. This one had the Poppyseed Dressing and I used all of it when I combined the greens with brown rice.

"Was it good?"

It was okay. However, the constant trips to urinate, as well as the racing heart when I laid down, just don't make it worth ever having again. Failed experiment, for sure.

"No, the experiment was good, since you learned something from it."

That's true. Not getting the desired results doesn't equate to failure.

"Correct. Now, go and enjoy this day before the rains return in the afternoon."

No comments: