Saturday, May 12, 2018

at lake bryan with a pirate


No holds barred, I'm off to Florida!
Of course, it was after 1 PM before
I finally pulled out of my driveway.
No particular reason for the delay...
just a bit of trouble
throwing myself
out of my house,
per usual.
Nonetheless, I made it!
In pretty good time, too -
it wasn't even 3 PM yet!
That's good, because getting
the SunPass at the Welcome Center
took almost an hour...
but it's done!
Bring on the toll roads!
I had planned to take 417 to a new destination,
Bryan's Spanish Cove,
expecting I-4 to be stop and go when not
absolutely terrifying...
but I didn't because it wasn't.
What a relief!
And I love this petite and sweet resort!
It has an old-timey, nautical theme!
In fact, the theme hearkens back
to the age of pirates
ruling the even seas.
If only this tall, bearded, ruggedly handsome man
was of flesh and blood...
alas, he is not...
but he's definitely the stuff
that dreams are made of!
This bit of heaven looks to be
from a dream, doesn't it?
An idyllic tropical isle,
with splashing waterfalls
and a flag waving
in the breeze off the lake...
perfect for a pirate hideaway!
Where will I be having those dreams
of being a pirate's main squeeze
on a bit of island palm-treed?
(That's a poem, inspired by
dreams not yet arrived!)
Right here, in the Six Pence 105,
a Spanish-tiled stucco just for me!
See you in my dreams, you sexy sea-dawg!
(smile)

No comments: