Friday, May 4, 2018

more fourthcoming in may!


Coincidences can be so incredible!
I had just walked in my door and this conversation from "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" was going on.

Rey: Nice shooting.
Finn: Now that was some flying.
Rey: Thanks.
Finn: How did you do that?
Rey: I don't know.
Finn: No one trained you?
Rey: I've flown some ships, but I've never left the planet.
Finn: No one? That was amazing.
Rey: Your last shot was dead on.
Finn: You set me up for it.
Rey: You got him with one blast!
Finn: That was pretty good.
Rey: It was perfect.


Perfect!
I had just heard this snippet of dialogue at the annual dance recital at the Savannah Children's Theatre, not thirty minutes earlier.
The exact same snippet!
It preceded an acrobatic duet done in honor of "Star Wars".
I was most definitely at the right place at the right time!

And how did I happen to be at SCT?
Well, like I said, I had found out about "A Night At The Movies" and placed it on my kitchen cabinet 'calendar' a few weeks ago.
I had thought it might be mostly little kids dancing, so I had not alerted Barbara and Sandy.
Now, I wish I had!
There were some amazing pieces performed by older students.
Such beautiful modern ballet by
Abbi Roberson for "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "Black Swan" and
"Mr. & Mrs. Smith"!
Such fabulous duets by Kealan Neal-Farr, with her and others, for "Narnia" and the Beatles' "Across The Universe"!
Oh, and a kicky little Bollywood bit from "Slumdog Millionaire"! (Of course I danced along in my seat!)
Then there was tap, tap, tap, tapdancing into my heart for "A Night At The Movies", "Recuerda Me" from "Coco", and the title song of "Singin' In The Rain", one of my all-time favorites! (More dancing in my seat!)
Bright costumes worn by several ages swayed and dipped for "Another Day of Sun" from "La La Land", as well as for "What You Workin' With?" from "Trolls" - I could tell they were having great fun!
Speaking of fun... the trio zombie-dancing for "Jump In The Line (Shake SeƱora)" from "Beetlejuice" certainly had some! So did the little ones dancing - as Dorothy, Toto, the Tin Man, The Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion, plus two in Hawaiian garb - to "Over The Rainbow"... the ukelele-accompanied version from "50 First Dates". LOL! The program listed "Wizard of Oz", so I guess it was an inside joke!
(smile!)
And did I mention the aerial dancers? They were amazing, dancing with two strands of silk scarf or with a floating hoop - wow! Erica Cooper was there with a vested interest - Dawson was one of the solo aerialists, performing effortlessly in the air to "Try Everything" from "Zootopia". That girl is going to be a fearless woman!
Maybe I should take a cue from her and sign up for "Belle's Storybook Ball"...
even though I am sure to be the oldest "kid" there...
my first niece says I should go for it!
I do still have my "fairy princess" dress languishing in the closet...
time to take it off the hanger and out on the dance floor!
(smile!)
i thank You, God, for this wonderful May the 4th!

No comments: