Monday, May 7, 2018

mister willie!



What a beautiful day to visit one of my favorite fellows! Mister Willie is moving around quite well, too, though he's a little slower than he used to be.
Still, he tends his roses in his front yard, making sure the many bushes have plenty of water. Red, pink, white... the delicate blooms have several hues to make sure they get noticed in front of his green house.

I had finally made it to the Banana Stand at Grayson to exchange four of my game tickets.
They're for games I won't be able to make this season, as I'll be seeing Elvis in Las Vegas.
(smile)
Willie is looking at the marked-up calendar I made for him.
All of the game dates are noted, but I boxed in the ten I'll be attending, to make them easy to spot.
I really am hoping he'll be well enough to go, too.

Berry Aldridge and he has assured me that Mister Willie's seat is secured!
My new seat - for the six games originally assigned to me - will be a few rows in front of him, in the orange seats behind home plate. Of course, if possible on those nights, I'll try to sit with him and gladly let someone else sit in Section Reserved 3 Row F Seat 11.
My first game in that new seat is on Friday, June 1st. That's the second home game for the Bananas, but that's okay. They're giving me fireworks that night!
I'm rather pleased about the ten games I have, though I wasn't at first.

Thanks to the four ticket exchanges, I'll be able to see games with
every one of the Coastal Plains League teams that we play this summer!
How about them apples?
The Florence Redwolves will be the opponents at four of "my" games, double that played here by the Lexington County Blowfish.
That accounts for six of my ten.
The other four games are with teams I will only see once: the Peninsula Pilots, the Holly Springs Salamanders, the Macon Bacon, and the Gastonia Grizzlies. (Those last two are the younger and the older "brothers" of the Savannah Bananas.)


Again, here's hoping Willie will be by my side this summer.
I'm not greedy - I don't expect him to try to make it to all ten with me...
but I do hope we will have a game or two to share.

Now, I'm off to join a few Boomers at Tailgate for a late lunch... or is it an early dinner?
No matter which, I'm running late... of course.
(smile)

i thank You, God, for this blessed time with this man!

1 comment:

lunch lady Mindy said...

Mindy Rubin
May 9 at 8:35pm

Thank you and bless you, Faustina, for posting this!! Mark and I miss Mr. Willie, and are so glad to see his smiling face on Facebook. (How is his health?)