Wednesday, May 23, 2018

these are a few of my favorite scenes!


If you're not familiar with the song from "The Sound of Music", kindly step over here.
Now that you're all caught up, let's get busy with my change-up, shall we?
Yes, let's!
(smile!)
All movies have been viewed withing the past seven days.
Much like my previous games with quotes, your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to match the scene to the correct movie.
Please be advised that, just like with my matching questions on my chemistry tests, some choices (movie titles) may be used more than once.

A) "The Toughest Man In The World" (seen tonight with the PFS crowd)

B) "Isle Of Dogs" (seen solo this afternoon)

C) "Book Club" (watched with Boomers on Monday)

D) "Tully" (watched yesterday)

E) "Acrimony" (also watched yesterday)

F) "Show Dogs" (seen on Saturday with Carolyn)

G) "Life Of The Party" (same as above)

H) "Deadpool 2" (watched on Thursday in Florida)

----- ----- -----

1) A drug being put through rigorous scientific testing before being administered to diseased subjects.

2) A woman confessing to a new friend about riding "every pony in the carousel" before she found her husband, the bench.

3) A woman tapdancing to the song "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)"! I just know Meat Loaf would have loved seeing that, too!

4) A man wearing multi-feathered earrings, cascading partly down his chest, as he powerlifts more than 400 pounds.

5) An American student with an afro admonishing a woman in a bar to "act like a scientist!"

6) An FBI agent repeatedly referred to as "Hooch" by his partner as they work a kidnapping case.

7) A woman with figurative chains of anger and jealousy getting dragged into the ocean by literal chains on an anchor.

8) A young man with great hair persisting in his sexual attraction to an much older woman. (Yeah, yeah, I got my personal bias on that.)

9) Any interaction between Weasel and anyone else.

10) A little pilot giving Chief his first-ever Puppy Snap.

*

*

*

*

(No peeking!)

*

*

*

*

*

*

Okay! I trust you gave it your best shot, right?
Then, let's look at the answers!

1) B - I was so impressed that they took the time to show this being done! Three different tests were run, first to make sure the vaccine was targeting the correct disease, then to show that the vaccine was successful in eradicating the disease, and, finally, showing a desirable side effect of the drug. "Wow!", as Boss would say!

2) D - I had actually been a little shocked that she had told the young nanny that her husband was "the bench" on the carousel. Then, it becomes obvious that she had needed a respite from her wild life into one more sane. (Hey, watch the movie if you want to see what I mean!)

3) C - Mary Steenburgen plays such delightfully "loving life" women, doesn't she? Ever since her role in 1989's "Parenthood" (with that line about rollercoasters), I have been a big fan. Now, the image will forever be her tap-tap-tapdancing to my man!
(Sidebar: None of the other nine people - all fairly close to my age - I was with understood why I was laughing so much. Guess they are mentally older than me?)

4) A - Good luck finding this 1984 made-for-tv movie! Fortunately, I saw it tonight, courtesy of the Psychotronic Film Society, in honor of Laurence Tureaud's 66th birthday (May 21st). Don't know that name? How about as Mr. T? Ding, ding, ding! This movie was semi-autobiographical, centered on his work to involve poor youth in sports and other afterschool projects. Maybe you can find this video, along those same lines.
(Sidebar: I had seen him earlier this week on the Conan O'Brien show. Mr. T credits his catchphrase to the Bible, in which "pity" and "fool" appear multiple times. Pretty cool! Even cooler that I had that tidbit to share with Carolyn, who did not know it. Yeah, me!)

5) B - So, there she was, in a bar that served chocolate milk by the shot glass, this white teen with her blonde 'fro. She had gone there to confront the lab tech who had worked with the developer of the vaccine. Very fun scene!

6) F - So, get this: it's the dog calling the man "Hooch". That was the name of the dog's character in the 1989 Tom Hanks' movie! LOL! Of course, I really did laugh out loud... and was the only one to get the almost thirty-year-old reference. So kids, take your grandparents with you!

7) E - Tyler Perry is so very talented! He's trying to make the world a better place, even giving definitions in several places during this one, to make sure viewers understand that the central character ("Melinda Moore", played to the hilt by Taraji Henson) is mentally unsound.
(Sidebar: when my friend Carolyn, an older white woman, saw the movie, several black women were cheering the actions of the deranged woman. They apparently missed the point.)
(Sidebar: I had seen this as the second film of a Tuesday double header, paired with "Tully". I almost wrote a post about the duo as "bitches be crazy", taken from a fourth-season episode of "The Big Bang Theory". True story!)

8) G - Well, of course this scene resonated with me! You've read about my crazy infatuations, right? That's not saying I wouldn't relish the concept of such a thing happening in my real life... so, bring it on! Oh, yeah!
(smile!)

9) H - I love the bartender! His deadpan - though still upbeat - delivery of his lines, as well as his chemistry as the BFF of Wade Wilson, made T.J. Miller peachy keen to me, not only in this latest movie, but in the 2016 one, too!

10) B - Hey, as the only movie in this group that I've watched multiple times, it's only fitting that it show up more than once. (Want to take a guess as to how many times I've seen it?) This was such a sweet moment between the 12-year-old boy who had lost his dog and the renegade cur who had never had a master.

----- ----- -----

That concludes this game!
Hope you had fun and were maybe inspired to go to a cinema and catch some of these.
If you do, let me know what your favorite scenes were, okay?
Muchas gracias!
(sonrisa)

No comments: