Monday, May 14, 2018

perfect swordfish, poor service

It had been a gray and drizzly day on this, my second full day of my birthday vacation. That was fine, though, it really was. The weather had given me a chance to write and I loved that!
This afternoon found me a bit restless.
Then I remembered my Landry's Select Club card... had I packed it?
Oh, hooray, I had!
Had the $25 discount for my birthday been activated on it?
Woohoo, it had!!!
Now, where to dine tonight?
I decided on the card's namesake: Landry's Seafood House. There was one about a half-mile up the road from the pirate's lair and the rain was just barely a drizzle.
To plan my meal, I checked out the menu first, to make sure I wanted to go there and not somewhere else for my birthday meal. Let's see... grilled swordfish, that sounded yummy! Served with braised cabbage? Well, that sounds even better!
And it was!
The meal began with a lovely large salad,
filled with carrot curls
and cucumber quartermoons
and pepperoncino pieces!
Add to that the house dressing,
a mustard balsamic vinaigrette,
and it was an excellent start!

Then the swordfish swam into view,
flanked by three crispy smashed yukon golds,
with a stream of carrot beurre blanc
and a bed of braised napa cabbage
nestling below the seafood - divine!
(Caught those ocean references, right?
Our inside joke!)
How about that skewer of blackened shrimp?

Yes, indeed.
Where was that add-on for my meal?
Nowhere in sight.
Where was a manager to ask about my meal?
Nowhere in sight.
Where was the waiter - Marcus - to ask about that missing skewer?
Nowhere in sight.
Where was the waiter - Marcus - with a refill of my beverage?
Nowhere in sight.
So where did I put the majority of his tip?
Nowhere in sight.
Usually, I tip 20%.
Tonight, I only added about 8% to the bill.
I do hope the waiter - Marcus - will improve or find a job he likes...
but I won't ever have him give poor service to me again.

Kudos to the chef, though!
I gave that person all my praise in my TripAdvisor review.
Amazingly, I'm in the top 1% of all the reviewers on that site, with my readership almost topping 56,000.
I do hope word will reach the ones in charge of this restaurant.

2 comments:

faustina said...

As of today, my review on TripAdvisor has had 177 views.
That's too bad for Landry's.

529faustina said...

Oh, I had forgotten to post the link to my review!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d483961-r580275583-Landry_s_Seafood_House-Orlando_Florida.html