Saturday, May 26, 2018

birthday meals, here, there, everywhere!

It all began on Monday and has carried on almost every night this week!

On that night, the Boomers went
to Tailgate Sports Bar & Grill after seeing "Book Club".
I counted that as birthday with that meetup bunch!
Karen S was there, as well as William & Annette, Sue G, Jackie F, Lisa W, and Stania - no initial needed, as she is the only one,
like I am.
(smile!)
I dined on the City Market Salad -
pretty and quite tasty, too!

Wednesday found me having dinner at the Sentient Bean and they gave me this particular trophy as I waited for my soup.
Magnificent! How had they known my love of baseball?
The potato-kale-garlic dish was good, but I relished even more hanging out with the PFS regulars -
Carolyn, Jim Reed, Will, Joe B...
and yes, even Jack and Hai!
(smile)
I liked the Mr. T movie,too!

Thursday evening, as I've mentioned, found me at the Jepson for "The Open Road"!
After the lecture, I had to visit my favorite tech art - Swarm - again -
but then I went to the join Sue G and Peggy H and Jim M for the
free birthday reception!
Three types of grapes, carrots, celery, apple slices, hummus, cherry tomatoes - plus the canapes with capers, the peanut butter sandwiches, and the paper cones of trail mix topped by fluffy popcorn!

Last night, Carolyn and I had gone from the Tybee Post Theater -
more on that musical later! -
to Chili's for a late dinner.
Hooray for the 2-for-$22 deal!
We had a magnificent mound of chips with salsa, then each chose the Margarita Chicken - one of my favorites!
Thanks, Janea, for great service!
Bonus - Carolyn hadn't been there in a year and she loved the food.
(smile!)

Tonight, the Bon Vivants of MENSA dined at Pearl's Saltwater Grille and
I was right there with them to celebrate my upcoming birthday!
Barbara and Sandy were right by me, too, as was Kathy H - very nice!
Plus Ron & Susan and Barbara's friends Lainie & Michael!
The fabulous Drew brought my full pound of steamed shrimp, corn on the cob, and coleslaw - scrumptious!
I even have shrimp for tomorrow, as well as some of those Pearl's Puppies - dessert! (smile!)

I can't wait to see what next week will bring!
i thank You, God, for the gift of these diverse friendships!

No comments: