Wednesday, December 28, 2022

and the voice of the ether said "relax"

... and I smiled and gave thanks!

I had just started out on the drive to Waycross, a little concerned as it was my first long drive since the colder weather started.

Would my heart have any blips on this two and a half hour journey?

Traffic through Savannah had moved smoothly, with scarcely a snag.

That was good, as I'd gotten a little later start and it was now lunchtime.

Part of the delay was of my own doing, but part was due to a phone call from Christina.

She'd just been to DFCS and signed the papers...

she was finally approved to adopt both her girls!!!

That meant she was in town and, much as I would have loved to have a celebratory lunch with her and Miyah and Chloe and C J, I couldn't.

Daylight was burning and I was on a mission.

She understood and let me get on my way.

(smile)

So, as I said, traffic was moving smoothly, with green lights a-plenty.

Right place, right time.

Before I knew it, I was on I-95 and heading south.

Now would be the true test, staying calm with the flying cars and trucks around me.

I stayed in the right lane, moving at a steady pace, letting others do as they willed.

At last, space opened around me.

How about a little music, I thought, to help pass the time?

So I hit the button to turn on the radio...

and there was one of my dance favorites...

bringing to mind one of my favorite music videos...

from one of my favorite Melanie Griffith movies...

with Frankie Goes To Hollywood encouraging me to "Relax".

Right place, right time.

i thank You, God.

No comments: