Tuesday, December 6, 2022

trio of angels

My dance card would have been completely filled with "Violent Night" had it not been for AMC sporting some oldies for the holidays.
That's why I broke up the A*List pair with "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation".
What did I get in return?
A trio of angels, that's what!
Specifically, a threesome of Beverly D-Angelo Christmas movies, which is perfect for me!

 
And what's up with this one?
Well, the Weather Song is about to start hitting some low notes, so I've been concentrating on making hay while the sun shines, so to speak.
I have three weather sites bookmarked, but I like the WJCL one best.
Nothing beats a graphic presentation for giving a clear indication of the trend that lies ahead!
(smile!)
 
 
And what have we here?
Honestly, the idea for it popped into my mind's eye!
Today, I had a visit at Savannah VA for blood work and that ended up taking almost an hour.
I was so frustrated that seeing "Violent Night" was the only thing that worked to deflate that feeling.
When I got home, the bag of mandarin oranges bought at Aldi's this very afternoon sparked the notion of making my own pilaf... so I did.
I peeled five of the little oranges, too!
Then I sliced a serving of almonds - that's 21, for those keeping count (LOL! a little joke!) and placed them into about 3/4 cup of water in a pot.
After bringing that to a boil, I added a pouch of 90-second brown rice, stirred to get it all wet, then tossed in the slices from four of the mandarins, covered the pot, and took it off the heat.
After two minutes, I plated half of it, arranging the slices from the fifth orange around the rim.
Ta dah!
Food that's pretty and quick and tasty!
Time to watch "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", the one where she and Spike get a bit closer!
Enjoy the recipe!

No comments: