Sunday, December 18, 2022

hero boy of the day

Am I talking about the child in "The Polar Express"?
The boy in the blue bathrobe who boarded the train even though he had his doubts?
The boy who stopped the train so the lonely boy could board?
The boy who tried to return the ticket to the girl and ended up having an adventure with the hobo?
No, that character is not the one I mean, even though he is listed in the credits as "Hero Boy".
Looking for a clue?
Well, here's a photo of my 'hero boy' today.
He was the lone male in our party of eight.
Did I say 'eight'?
The twins' Grammy joined us this time.
(smile!)
Here's another photo of my 'hero boy'.
For this trip to Jalapenos of Sandfly, the four little blondes were all seated together.
That allowed us four adults to sit at an adjacent table and even have a real conversation.
How very nice!
While the younger girls tried to interrupt on occasion, the two older ones did rather well at managing them.
What a nice change of pace for us!
True, in this shot it looks as though Leila might be asking her Daddy for something, but I think she was just trying to photobomb my snap of him.
He surprised us and took care of the check for all!
That total was $82.82 - right place, right time.
(smile!)
How very generous of him to share his holiday bonus with the seven of us!
As his mom said, he really does have some of Ronnie's better traits.
Now, I get to find out how much of his dad's genes match mine.
I had ordered the DNA kit after Thanksgiving when MyHeritage had a sale.
I had been sure Smitty would agree to donate his DNA, but he had not.
Conversely, when I had asked Michael yesterday if he would mind participating, he had gladly accepted.
As he put it, he has plenty of DNA and this is not the first time it's been checked.
What a great attitude!
That is the reason I refer to my nephew Michael as my 'hero boy of the day.
(smile!)

No comments: