Friday, December 23, 2022

thanks for all the fish

That should be "thanks for all the shrimp", but then there wouldn't have been the reference to Douglas Adams' fourth book of the "trilogy" of "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy".
Perhaps I should read those again some time... but not today.
Today was spent getting ready for the brutally cold weather on its way.
I had gone to the store for milk and breakfast supplies yesterday.
This morning, I washed dishes and took out the trash and recycling.
Then I unhooked the hose in the back yard and started a slow drip.
About that time, I was wondering what to do for lunch...
and my blue-sky cousin Penny came to my rescue!
She and Steve sent me a "Happy" gift card that included three restaurants here.
Buffalo Wild Wings... no, that didn't do it for me.
Outback... well, that was farther than I wanted to go and between two malls.
I certainly wanted to avoid that path, this close to Christmas.
That made Red Lobster the winner.
No, correction: that made me the winner!
The gift card was the perfect amount for a Create Your Own Holiday Trio.
Yes, please!
So, I ordered online, with me to pick it up at 2:45 PM.
I was there early, but that allowed a bit of a rest and conversation with the lobster man.
The smiling manager brought my meal and thanked me, then I was on my way to the cinema to pick up an order of popcorn for movies at home.
That was free, as I'd done a survey and the treat was my reward.
So, I drove home, with the smells of popcorn and Cheddar Bay biscuits tempting me!
The popcorn went into the tub, lid on, then it was lunch time!
The biscuits were part of that, too.
As the main course magic act, I turned the Caesar Salad side dish into a fabulous meal by topping it with the Grilled Scallops -
ah, que bella!
It was also just what the doctor would have ordered to make me feel loved and hugged from afar.
Tonight, I had the second meal from that CYO Holiday Trio.
The Grilled Shrimp Skewer came atop a bed of rice, as it had before.
I scraped out every grain from the carryout container, then heated it with the side of Broccoli.
Then I added a touch of my own: the slices of four mandarin oranges!
Isn't it lovely?
Too bad its fragrance cannot be transmitted through the ether, but I know techs are working on that.
Tomorrow, I'll dine on the third entree, Shrimp Scampi, and I'll make some pasta to bed it upon.
How wonderful to have had these meals gifted to me!
Thank you, Penny, I can feel your big hugs comforting me right now!
(smile!)

No comments: