Wednesday, December 14, 2022

not THAT polar express!

Did you think I was referring to the one on my abdomen?

It's faded out to a single white line that runs between the area where the two tracks were.

After all, it's been just over twelve years since the hysterectomy.

However, that's the wrong train.

"The Polar Express" was the right one, and I caught it to finish my A*List -

wooooo hooooo, wooo hoo!

Barbara caught it with me, so I stayed through the end credits with her.

That's when I realized something: Mama never saw this movie.

I've been telling folks that it was one of her favorites, but that's not true.

The BOOK was one of her favorites.

She would have Jeff read it to all her grandchildren at the Christmas Eve gathering.

His radio voice was perfect for that.

(smile)

But the movie?

It came out late in 2004, almost four years after her death.

That came as a shock to me.

No matter.

I'm still going to see it again on Sunday morning with the four little blondes.

Most likely, I prepare for it with the same breakfast I had today.

Yep, that's bowtie pasta alongside coffee in my caribou-adorned mug!

Okay, you're right, that's not a caribou, it's an elk that no longer exists... which makes it entirely okay as a movie extra!

I'm sure it would have blended right in with those millions of caribou that were using the land the train rode upon as their grazing field.

(smile!)

And the bowties are real, too, even if they do go by their fancy name: farfalle.

Sounds farfetched to me... and I'm sure the hot cocoa-serving waiters on the train would most definitely agree!

I had more of that pasta for dinner upon my return home, but as a soup instead of a bare-style mac'n'cheese.

And for dessert?

Chocolate, but cold, in the form of a 9g-protein Ensure - delicious!

What a fun way to fill my A*List dance card!

(smile!)

No comments: