Wednesday, December 21, 2022

new groove this winter!

"What you talkin' 'bout, g'friend?"

You know I like to read sometimes with my breakfast, right? Instead of watching games shows or an episode of "Psych" in the dining room?

"Yeah, I remember that you take the Smithsonian or AARP with you into the sunroom on occasion, to have a bit of a change."

Well, I'm still doing that! Even with the temperatures dropping!

"Your Weather Song image is missing the dates."

Yes, it is. Those silly saps at WJCL put their banner over the dates when I took that screenshot. Still, as I just took that, I can tell you the first day is today. Tomorrow has a slight rise in the high, but it's still going to be in the 50's. But Friday is when it all goes to hell in a hand basket, so to speak. It's going to be one of those days when the temperature drops all day long. Notice it will be in the teens that night! Ack! Then Christmas Eve is going to be below 40 all day and all night, so I'm not attending the service at Asbury Memorial. Well, not in person. Christmas is to be as cold and miserable as it was last year, but at least the skies will be sunny.

"Ack."

Indeed.

"So, why haven't you blocked off the sunroom yet?"

Well, I put plastic over the windows in there, and that really helped. However, that metal back door just radiates the cold... brrr! I really noticed that during breakfast today in that sunny yellow room with all the light from the windows. However, I knew the window plastic was not large enough to cover the door. What to do, what to do??? Ah, ha! I still had a sparkly, clear, plastic tablecloth in the linen closet! Using the double-sided tape, I had that installed in about forty minutes... and, I swear I can already feel the difference!

"Yeah, that sounds psychosomatic to me, dear. Then again, seeing is believing. You'll know if the heater in the kitchen gets to work a bit less hard at maintaining the house temperature."

I'll take that challenge! I have it set for 66 F, so I'll let you know what it reads on Friday night, or maybe Saturday morning. Oh, so good to be warmer!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Christmas Day was the first time since Thursday that the heater hit 60 F or better.
I woke up to barely 50 F on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Running two burners on the stove has helped to get the air up to the high 50's.
Ack.
That's throughout the open part of the house, including my bedroom.
The two smaller bedrooms are closed off and will remain so until at least Thursday, when the outside is to reach the low 60's.
Most likely I'll keep them closed until Friday.
It's to be 70 that day.
I won't mind if it's raining, as long as I can open up those rooms and get their temp up to the rest of the house.
Yeah, I'm thinking Deborah had a good idea to move to Costa Rica when she retired years ago.