Saturday, December 17, 2022

that song is going to the dogs!

On the twelfth day of Christmas

my true love gave to me

12 car rides,

11 belly rubs,

10 scratches behind the ears,

9 postmen to bite,

8 cars to chase,

7 bags of treats,

6 long walks,

5 milky bones,

4 falling birds,

3 dead squirrels,

2 chew toys,

and a long pee on a short tree!

(smile!)

First, my thanks to former sailor and colleague Bob Bueling for the fun photo on fb!

As this is a favored song for me, as well as the theme for this year's gifts to children, I had immediately 'stolen' it and posted it on my fb page!

I also requested that folks take a try at channeling their inner dog to complete the song.

Apparently, most of the folks I know are cat people.

Only two stepped up to the plate to swing at the lyrics.

Jim Casey, former major league baseball player, came up with the last seven, in keeping with the male spirit behind the first four.

Most excellent!

My long-time friend Josie Coleman-Williams, owner of two wiener dogs, had the kindler, gentler, fifth item.

Good for her!

Many thanks for the mirth and merriment, y'all!

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

So...
rabbit holes.
Dogs love them and sometimes I have no doubt I was born in the Year of the Dog.
Like now.
I really should be in bed...
but one post -

https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2023/01/thanks-and-farewell-christa.html

led to another -

https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2019/08/look-squirrel.html

that reminded me of this one -

https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2017/05/going-to-dogs-on-monday.html

and that's why I had to return to this post and share.
That way, I can pounce around in these puddles again sometime!
(smile!)