Saturday, December 10, 2022

for her bday85

Dearest Mama,
 
Happy 85th birthday.
 
Your first granddaughter and I spent time together, along with her two little blondes.
 
You would have loved them!
 
That's Chloe on the left and Miyah on the right.
 
I taught them years ago to get up and dance during the end credits of a movie.
 
Sure, partly it was to blow off energy before they got into the car to return to Hinesville, but mostly it's because it's a fun thing to do.
 
You remember how much I've always loved to dance!
 
Christina doesn't usually join us on that apron.
 
She takes advantage of that time to gather all their stuff and have a quiet moment before the hustle and bustle of being a Mommie returns.
 
So, I get to play Great-Aunt during those moments.
 
(smile!

Here was another such today!

So, the first one was after we saw "Dr. Seuss' The Grinch", from 2018.

It was another free holiday treat from NCG Cinema.
 
Next weekend, we'll be together again for "The Polar Express" (hopefully with Michael and his two blondes.)

(smile!)

Where was I?
 
Oh, yes, my second time of serving as a distraction for the two here!
 
We went to the Jalapenos in Sandfly for a bit of lunch and spent probably two hours there.
 
It wasn't that the place was overly busy, as it was not.
 
We caught it after the lunch rush.
 
No, we were there enjoying each other's company, chatting and eating and singing.
 
Yes, that's right!
 
Two diners there had their birthdays, so the whole staff would make noise and have a little parade and sing to them.
 
So... near the end of the meal, we were talking about Christmas songs and that naturally led to the Christmas ornaments I gave them last week.
 
How so?
 
Chloe got "four calling birds" and Miyah received "five golden rings", but they didn't know what song they represented.
 
Oh, that just would not do!
 
So, just as you would have done, I started singing "The Twelve Days Of Christmas", making a big point of turning to each girl when their ornament appeared in the tune...
 
and Christina Ann joined right in with me!
 
Miyah even sang along for the "five golden rings" part!
 
That's a pretty long song... but no one complained, so we did the whole thing!
 
(smile!)
 
Then we paid the bill and shuffled on out to the parking lot.
 
Time for me to distract the girls again!
 
Whipping out my cell phone, I told them to make scary faces... and they did!
 
That kept them occupied until Mommie got all their stuff into her car.
 
Very nice!!!
 
Then a flurry of hugs and "I love you"s and they were off to get hair cuts!
 
Ah, such a fun day we've had, with you on our minds and in our hearts.
 
I miss you so, still.
 
Always.
 
Tonight I'll join mi amigas for a free concert at Asbury Memorial.
 
The 13th Colony Sound will bring their a cappella voices to fill the sanctuary.

I know you'll enjoy their songs, too, rising up through the night air.

(smile)

with much love always,

your one and only,

ever-loving,

daughter

1 comment:

faustina said...

The 13th Colony Sound concert was wonderful!
As I told them, it was exactly where I needed to be!

Then I came home and guess what was on?
"Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer"!
I had seen it a week or so ago, but this time was MUCH better - no R-rated political ads or Medicare stuff!

And then was "Frosty The Snowman"!!!
I had missed it before... so glad they ran it again!

Now, I'm going to get my $1 movie started.
And which will it be?
Well, the only one that Mama would enjoy, too...
"It's A Wonderful Life".
She would have first seen it when she was 9 years old.
Nice!
<3