Monday, December 19, 2022

saying goodbye 2 dee arrrgh eye

No kidding.
After 21 years, I'm done.
And, now that Hilton Grand Vacations has truly taken over after their merger with Diamond Resorts International, I'm going to transition away.
I've tried for the last couple of years to get others to take over my membership, or to reimburse me for the points cost for their stays, but that's not happening and I absolutely hate to nag.
It wears me out.
So, the best option is to take advantage of the Transitions program.
What's that?

"At Diamond Resorts, we take pride in providing unforgettable vacation experiences and creating opportunities for families and loved ones to build memories that they will cherish forever. While we passionately believe in the value of vacations, we also understand that life's circumstances can change and we acknowledge there are some who may need to move on and leave their vacation ownership behind.
For those who are eligible, Transitions™ by Diamond Resorts may offer members and owners an easy and respectful way to relinquish all or part of their vacation ownership, providing you with the opportunity to transition out of vacation ownership.
"
 
I called them on December 5th, speaking with Tara, a very helpful and polite representative who made sure that I was completely eligible for the Transitions program.
I explained to her that I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation at the beginning of this year and cannot travel as I once did.
I also impressed upon her that I have no children, so there is no one to take over my membership in DRI.
Hence, the need for me to take care of terminating the account now, while I am able to do so, rather than leave it for a brother to have to sort out.
Like I said, Tara was very understanding.
She told me that it was very considerate of me to want to take care of the paperwork myself rather than leave it to my executor.
I'm glad she was the one who answered the phone (after a 47-minute wait).

And so, as of that date, the four contracts I own have been submitted for Transition.
I just visited the website to verify that.
I had not intended to log into it again, but I received word today that made me anxious.

" DiamondResorts.com will Sunset Soon
7 days ago ◦ News
After a year full of exciting changes following Hilton Grand Vacations’
acquisition of Diamond Resorts in 2021, we’re thrilled to announce we
are making great progress in our efforts toward becoming one company.
DiamondResorts.com will sunset soon and begin redirecting visitors to
HiltonGrandVacations.com.
Shortly, you will have the ability to access your vacation ownership
or membership information via a drop-down menu interface on the Hilton
Grand Vacations website.
Once redirected to your login page, you will be able to access your account,
make payments, book reservations and more — the same as you have before —
using the same username and password.
In addition, the Diamond Resorts mobile app is no longer available for use.
We recommend deleting the app from your mobile devices as it was sunset in
late November.
More information will be shared regarding the discontinuation of
DiamondResorts.com, including login instructions on the day the website
sunsets. Please be on the lookout for an email from us in the coming weeks
."
 
I had not received that news flash.
Instead, I received an email today informing me that the DRI website was null and void, and that future logins to check on my account would be through the HGV site.
Knowing how many times DRI had lied to me, I went over to check it out...
and was pleasantly surprised to find the email was truthful.
Good.
Now, to await the paperwork to Transition out.
What a relief that will be!

No comments: