Sunday, September 25, 2022

pete the what???

"Pete The Cat", that's what!
Don't worry, I wasn't familiar with him, either.
I knew it was a character in a children's book series.
I knew it was a musical being presented by the Savannah Children's Theatre.
I knew my friend Danielle, Thomas' wife, was in it.
I knew it was only about an hour long.
I Knew it was only playing 10 AM Saturdays and 3 PM Sundays.
And I knew it was being held at the Historic Savannah Theatre.
We all know that the morning show was out.
At ten, I'm usually just starting breakfast.
This morning, I slept in.
I hadn't meant to, but that's what happened.
I completely missed "CBS Sunday Morning"!
That's because on Saturday night, I usually just set my first alarm, the one for my Synthroid, intending to get up for that show.
Nope!
I blame Owen.
His posturing as an Elvis Tribute Artist definitely distracted me.
It didn't help that Frank had adopted the persona of Stephen Hawking before him.
Nor did it help me remember my schedule when Jim came out dressed as Billie Jean King.
They were all auditioning for the Christmas nativity play, you see.
They wanted to make sure they had chosen good role models to portray the three wise kings.
Get it?
A little joke for the the Vicar of Dibley... and us!
Hahahaha!  Hahaha! 
And guess who pregnant Alice played?
Mary! And she gave birth right on stage!

The upshot of watching all of that delightful nonsense, which aired after midnight, was that I slept in, and slept well, too, having put a blanket on the bed.
So, rising late, I had breakfast with "Teen Kids News" instead of the usual.
And just what did I have?
That scrumptious grilled cheese sandwich, that's what, on some of the bread from those meals I bought yesterday!
What a delight!!!
And even a chocolate shake to wash it down!
Definitely not the usual!
Life is good!
(smile!)
Then I took a shower and dressed nicely and headed downtown.
And guess what?
I found parking right across the square from the theatre! Hallelujah!
The young man gave me a aisle seat, near the back, so I wouldn't be overrun by children under the age of 7.
That's the target demographic, as it turned out.
Still, even though the place was rather full, the family groups had open seats to either side.
Very good!  And the play was, too! Even JoJo Ward was in it!
Yes, quite a lovely outing for a Sunday afternoon!

No comments: