Tuesday, July 11, 2023

tina tuesday with a hobo and a crow!

... and they were both embodied in the same character!
What a hoot!!!
Plus, this time when I watched "Ralph Breaks The Internet", I could see John C. Reilly's face and his hand gestures in the big galoot he was voicing.
I think that may have been because this was the fourth time in three days that I've watched this movie about 'Princess' Vanellope Von Schweetz.
(Amazingly, Disney allowed a 72-hour rental!) 

Anyhow, when it gets to the part when Ralph and the girl sneak off into the internet to find her new steering wheel, they're in an open space with lots of echo capability.
And what does he choose to say?
"Ca-caw! Ca-caw!!"
Hahahaha! The running bear, Kevin, used to say that to get a waitress' attention!
What a hoot to be reminded of him!
I even had my coffee today in the mug that bears his image!
Ah, good times before he lost his mind!
Then we get to the point in the movie when the two have found the steering wheel being auctioned off at eBay.
The boy in stunned silence had been bidding on the item, but was rapidly left behind when Ralph and the girl just started shouting preposterously high numbers.
No surprise, then, when the auctioneer proclaimed, "Sold, to the barefoot hobo in the broken overalls!"
Of course I laugh out loud every time for that!
Not only does the phrase aptly describe Hai Dang, it's just such fun to say!
His name is fun to say, too, bringing to mind good memories.
We sure had some good times before he lost his mind!
 
So glad that Ralph and Vanellope worked out their argument.
As Shank told the girl, "There's no law that best friends have to have the same dream."
True, so true!
There's also no law that the two best friends must have the same level of feelings.
That's an ever-changing tide, right?
Still, I'd wager that Ralph has more depth of love for her than the other way around.
Otherwise, why this little performance ten minutes into the credits?
There was a message that popped up: "For the Frozen 2 preview, click here!"
And up pops this guy, singing "Never Gonna Give You Up" with every bit of panache he can muster!
Hahahaha!
Click bait got you!!!
(smile!)

Now, I've treated myself to Carrabbas for my late lunch, so I'm going to eat!
They gave me two lovely pieces of grilled mahi, so I'll save one for dinner.
I'll have that after I treat myself to a little 1984 Japanese film, with the Anglicized title, "NausicaƤ Of The Valley Of The Wind".
Thanks to my $10 in AMC Reward bucks, it's only costing me $2.50. 
And it will be in Japanese, with subtitles for the English speakers, like me (though I'm sure I'll pick up a bit of the language from my two years in Okinawa).
Yep, definitely a treat!
It'll have a little film interview with the writer/director Hayao Miyazuki, too.
He was 43 when he penned this post-apocalyptic piece that reminds me of "Wizards", written in 1977 by Ralph Bakshi when he was 39.
Notice how I brought the conversation right back around to a Ralph?
(smile!)

This Tina Tuesday will conclude with a favorite episode of "The X-Files", at 10 PM.
"Je Souhaite" follows a 15th-century peasant girl in France who was trapped into life as a genie when her third wish was "not specific enough".
Five hundred years later, she's up against Mulder and Scully when two dingbat brothers manage to really screw up their wishes.
All she wants, after so many centuries, is "to live moment to moment, enjoying life as it is and not as it might be, with a cup of coffee in an outdoor cafe".
She wishes for a life that is short and meant to be savored...
very nice.
And when the title is spoken, it sounds roughly like "jus' sweet" -
which brings to mind Vanellope's surname.
Very nice!
(smile!)

No comments: