Thursday, June 15, 2023

bday65 with chem ladies!


Yes, it's been a couple of months since we last met, but, thanks to Leah, we were together again, and sooner rather than later!

In fact, we're to dine again next month... and in August, too!

And what was the driving force between the reunion of us Armstrong Pirates?

Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays!

Cathy Mac's was in mid-May, mine was the end of May, and Leah's was just a couple of days ago, with all of us now speed limits (70, 65, and 45).

Pretty cool!

That just leaves Yvonne, who will be a year older than me in August, hence the need for at least one more luncheon before fall semester at GaSoU starts.

This time, we were at Applebee's, as I had a free dessert coming, courtesy of their loyalty program - with plenty of Cinnamon Swirls to share with all!

Thanks, Applebee's!

Dessert is certainly the most common reward for birthdays.

Tuesday, after catching the movie about fly fishing, I dropped by Jason's Deli to claim their birthday gift to me.

I chose the Cranberry Walnut Cookie, a most excellent choice, and just perfect after dining on the Great Southwest Bowl.

Red Lobster has a dessert waiting for me, too: their Chocolate Wave; I'll just pass on that, as their is no alternative that works for me.

The best option for a reward?

Choice.

No need to work around food sensitivities or allergies with that one!

(smile!)

No comments: