Thursday, June 1, 2023

starting with a full dance list!

Usually, when I refer to my dance list, I'm speaking of my AMC A*List, right?
 
Well, this time, I speak also of the next three days, plus Monday!
 
Tomorrow, I'll have mermaids and four little blondes and who knows what the Saturday will hold in store after a night in Hinesville...!
 
Sunday, is a Meetup to see the musical journey to the Emerald City again, with a green cast heading our path!
 
And Monday, I've lined up a luncheon with an amiga!
 
Plus, I begin serving as an actor with VBS - Vacation Bible School - on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, so those evenings are all filled!
 

Yes, indeed, a full dance card... and a full A*List, to boot...
but with a change in partners as we swung around that first corner.
(smile!)
 
That first movie listed?
Nope!
The incorrect movie had been loaded up in the player for that screening room, so we were treated to the first twenty minutes of "Kandahar" before management put a halt to that.
I still wanted to see the Gerard Butler movie, as did two ladies visiting from Kentucky, so Sean, with his usual calm demeanor, steered us down one room to where it was, with a promise after to allow us to watch the comedian's film with Deniro at 3 PM or we could accept a pass to a movie of our choice.
Sweet!
I took the pass, while the other two opted for the regularly scheduled movie.
(They were leaving town today and did not have an AMC back home.)
I know Laura's son will be in town soon, so that pass will be handy for him!
And how was the war flick?
Better than I'd expected, though I'd had high hopes given who starred in it.
My favorite part was this: everyone had a voice, everyone was a person doing a job for the safety of their family and to earn an income.
Gerard Butler had the best lines.
When explaining to the translator what was going on, he said: "It used to be that wars were fought for the spoils [for needed resources]. Modern wars are not intended to end."
Ain't it the truth?

Today, I did a double header to polish off the last two slots.
I had not yet seen "The Machine", so I made myself go see it...
and it was pretty good!
I still wouldn't pay money to see that comedian in person, but the movie itself reminded me greatly of "Bullet Train" with its pacing, fight scenes, and humor.
It's supposed to be based on truth, but... seriously?
Still... pretty good, even though it was missing Brad Pitt.
(smile!)
 
And that third movie is a bit of an anomaly for me.
I usually don't go to opening movies on Thursday nights, as there are generally plenty of other movies for me to watch a second time...
After all, I've seen enough movies with jumbled time lines in the last three years that it's hardly even a thing anymore for that feature to be part of a plot.
Right?
And I had a fond memory of seeing it at the drive-in during the pandemic...
and this new one finds our protagonist several years older...
as the first one was way back in 2018...
plus, it was in the BigD and at a good time.
(smile!)
I'm glad I went!
As I told Sean and Tom and Raven, I very much liked it and look forward to seeing it again!
I have no idea just when that might be..
as my dance card is rather busy and I'll be dancing every day...
but I'll have to try!
(smile!)

No comments: