Thursday, June 8, 2023

done with a*list before lunch!

That's totally different, right?
I only got in two movies this week, between all the VBS and other events, but that will just have to do, won't it?
It certainly isn't as if I'm losing money with the A*List!
So, what did I see?
Well, Saturday was my first with the AMC Summer Camp Movies series.
Those films will be screening at noon on Saturdays for $5, then again on Wednesdays at noon, but for only $3.
"DC League Of Super Pets" was the film of the week.
I had not cared for it the first time I saw it, as I thought it was a bit snarky.
This time, though, I rather liked it!
Not that it's anywhere near as good as "The Bad Guys", but it's okay as a once a year flick.
(smile!


Then, I saw nothing at the cinema until this morning, when I caught the 11 AM of "About My Father", which was a bit better than expected.
I've gotten a bit leery of Robert DeNiro comedies, as they seem to be more raunch than humorous, and I was especially wary of this one, as I know naught of the comedian who stars in it.
So, why did I take a chance?
Because Maniscalco is the surname of the background actors wrangler that I worked for, or with, on the Emily Blunt movie, "Pain Hustlers".
That wrangler was Montana Maniscalco, a petite, never-stopping, ball of energy who managed to maintain a cheery disposition throughout the long days and nights of filming.
The comedian, from what I could gather online, is not kin to her.
Oh, well!
Now, to have lunch before it's time to go to Asbury to further my acting career!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

What's with the photo of the car?
I was looking at this post and realized I never wrote about that Sassy Subi!
My ex sent me the photo on the 4th of June, while watching the annual parade of vehicles in Michigan for The Drive.
(I think that's what it's called.)
He knew my previous car was a Subaru, which I had owned for 13 of its 18 years.
He also knew I love the color combination of hot pink and purple - ever since the old Pepto-Bismol TV 'mercials with its colorful monster! - so when he saw this parade entrant, he snapped the shot and sent it.
Woohoo!
Very nice to be included!