Thursday, June 29, 2023

lunch and a movie with the physicist!

I don't know why, but this is the lone photo I took, and that wasn't until a few seconds before he left for home.

No photo of my shrimp ceviche at Jalapenos...

no photo of him and me...

no photo of either of us with the Boomers in Motion...

just this lone shot, of him in a Fonzie stance.

(smile!

Perhaps it was the lack of planning that threw off my shutter finger.

He had only contacted me yesterday with news that he was starting a stay-cation and wondered if I wanted to have lunch with him today or Friday.

I'm all about the luncheons, so I agreed at once to that, then told him later in the afternoon was spoken for, as I had an engagement with the meetup group... unless he wanted to come?

Of course he did!

Then we were so busy chatting at lunch that we were late to the cinema!

LOL!

That's okay; the ones there were already seated and there were even a couple of others who got there a bit later than us.

And the movie?

"Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny"!!!

In Big D!!!

What a grand finish to this week's A*List it was!


I give it 5 stars; the bfe said it was "a B, maybe a B+".

That's pretty good, coming from him!

He doesn't go to that many action flicks.

We both liked that it was "one and done" and I claim there was plenty of sleight of hand going on to make it a justifiable part of our Summer of Magic.

(smile!)

We may even be going to the new Wes Anderson film, as he is a fan of that writer's movies, too, and as I really enjoyed "Asteroid City" last Friday.

And in between those two really good movies, I watched "No Hard Feelings".

Carolyn had found it hilarious, but me?

Not so much funny as creepy.

I guess that's the difference, as she doesn't have any teen boys in her life.

I do, and having recently spent an afternoon with one of them, the concept of a 32-year-old (which, by the way, is the real age of Jennifer Lawrence) seducing him was sick.

Perspective, it's all about perspective, isn't it?

(smile)

I had to see "The Flash" again to get the taste of the 'comedy' out of my mouth.

Not that I had a problem with that movie at all!!!

I sooooo love Michael Keaton in it!!!

Hearing him say "I'm Batman," clad again in his Batsuit, was just what I've been needing!

I'd seen the movie last Thursday, on its opening day, but just had to see it one more time while it was still in the Big D screening room!

Yes, even though I had to pay for it this second time.

The first time had been as the last one for last week's A*List.

(smile!)

The first one for that week, as I've mentioned before, had been "Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse", with Noah.

The second one, and I had almost not gone to it, but it turned out to actually have a bit a science mixed it, was the new animated film, "Elemental".

I think they're wanting it to be for the whole family, with the colors and artwork geared to catch the attention of the very young, but the slant of the story is definitely toward the young adult and high school age groups.

It's a romance, trying to blend anger management and diversity and acceptance into a pretty package for today's world... actually, rather much like the Spider-Verse movie did, but not quite as well as the Marvel movie had done it.

So, there you have it, IMHO.

(smile!)

No comments: