Thursday, June 15, 2023

i've been elected!

Yep, that's right!
Doug is insistent that we all be active in the American Legion, so we meeting regulars all have titles now.
Lol!
Me and four others are now members of the E-Board...
and our only responsibility is to show up for the meetings here at Two Firsts.
Yeah, I think I can do that!
(smile!)

We had dinner from Ole Time Country Buffet tonight, as well as a discussion about the pre-meeting meals we've shared this year.
When asked about what preference we might have, I was sure to speak up!
"I like the variety," I said.
It didn't matter to me if we had sub sandwiches or barbeque or chicken fingers or Southern cooking, it was all fine.
None of it had to be cooked by me, and that's what counted!
(smile!)
 
I did find out some interesting news this time.
This location we have, this place that we're trying to turn into an NCO club?
It will be razed to the ground in five years.
The city already has a flyby planned from midtown to 516, so there will be big changes.
I guess that's why the new Chick-Fil-A and other businesses have opened on DeRenne.
Anyway, we need to get a move on if we're to make any money on this club before the whole thing becomes a moot point.
Guess we'll see how quickly those permits get moved along!
 

I was home in time for "Penn & Teller's Fool Us" - perfect for my Summer of Magic!
I was especially pleased when one guy managed to flummox the pair, gaining a trophy for his mantel and a feather in his cap.
Good for you, Benjamin Barnes!
But what I always look forward to is the bit performed by the two magicians.
This time, is magic with cards, done by their feet!!!
What colorful socks they wore!
I choose to believe they always have such splendid footwear cloaked in their shoes!
Maybe, like me, they even have a drawer just for socks!
(smile!)

No comments: