Saturday, June 10, 2023

ready for a summer of magic!

"Would you be up for a Summer of Magic?"
That was the query from the physicist on April 23rd.
"Hell to the yeah!" was my response!
Tonight was finally the night for the show he'd texted about seven weeks earlier... woohoo!
I got dolled up in my still-new, geo blue, baby doll birthday dress - oh, yeah!
Perfectly fine for me to wear dresses around him now!
(smile!)
Plus, I regarded this as my birthday outing in his company, so dress up I would!
I'm glad I did, as he was dressed a bit nicer, too.
Out for a Saturday we were!
And just where were we?
At the Tybee Post Theater.
(I had not realized just how much their seats resembled the ones at Jenkins Hall until this shot.)
And what were we to see there?
 

Mark the Magic Man, performing his second show of the day!
The first one, a matinee, was suitable for all ages, much like the ones at The Great Magic Hall, down in Kissimmee.
However, not so for the 8 PM version!
Titled "Foresight 2.0", it promised to be for mature audiences... alrighty then!!!
Good catch, J-Dawg!
We were in the first two seats of the third row - very nice - and I was granted the aisle.
We barely sat before it was up to the front to add our entries to the box of "new" curse words to be used in the show.
What fun!
I chose "giraffe", mostly because it's fun to say.
(smile!)
 
And just who is in this shot?
Well, the man on the left is the magician, right?
The other guy was up from south Florida, celebrating his 56th birthday.
His loving wife had bought the tickets for both shows, knowing how much her man adored magic.
What a sweetheart!
And Mark had made sure to include the man in his patter throughout much of the evening, so that was cool, pointing out the sealed box he'd given the birthday boy to save for the last illusion.
That's what they're doing here, unfurling the list of replies garnered minutes earlier, even though this list had been locked away all through the show.
Woohoo!!!
Fooled me, but not the bfe!
There was a trick that fooled us both, though...
even with us holding all the cards!
Remember that super cool trick that I'd raved about?
The one that was at the Comedy Magic Cabaret in Hilton Head and started with four random playing cards?
Yeah, well, Mark the Magic Man did it, too!
Rather, he had us do it... you know what I mean!
This was done with a twist, though.
Before, people were paired up and each "couple" had four cards between them.
This time, every individual had their own four cards and there was no borrowing from other players.
However, the "burning" and tossing fun went on as before and, of the four clubs I held, only the two halves of the King remained at the end of the game...
matching up and proving I followed directions!
Woohoo!!!
The bfe's trick worked, too, so good for him!
He didn't toss the cards away, though, preferring to stack the discards on the chair arm.
Silly rabbit!
(smile!)
I still very much like that trick, but it wasn't my favorite of the night.
No, the musical mind-reading stunt won that distinction... and the magician wasn't even part of that one, except for choosing two contestants from the audience.
The male contestant had to guess, via telepathy, what song the female contestant was "singing" in her head, a song chosen from those written on slips of paper by other audience members before the show began.
Oh, wait, the magician did have a role: he tapped the forehead of the male contestant to help him concentrate on mind reading.
And just what song was it?
Well, Lauri and Lynn would have liked it!
That's because they were the "Sweet Caroline" girls for the Sand Gnats!
(smile!)
Very nice... and I liked the telepathy bit, too!
(smile!)
What a wonderful way to celebrate my bday65 with the bfe!

No comments: