Monday, June 19, 2023

joined for luncheon out and movies in!

First up was Josie, literally and figuratively!

If you knew Barbara, you'd understand that she wouldn't yet be out of bed.

(smile!)


Josie was in from Midway for a doctor visit, so I had the pleasure of her company!

We checked out a new place on Waters called Tab Bistro, ordering a hummus platter to split, plus the tomato cucumber salad.

The food was pretty good, but they need more organization to keep orders moving along.

We were there just before the lunch crowd, so we were fine, but the small space got crowded with both diners and those waiting for carry-out.

She and I talked about her letters home from Ghana, which she has been reading lately, trying to develop them into a book.

"I was so naive!!!" she said!

"We all were! Just graduated from high school and thought we were grown!" I said.

She wants me to help wrestle the material into a biography, highlighting her friendship with another who was there for the international project, now living in England.

I've already cautioned her that this book is going to take a good bit of time to write, easily requiring more than a year, particularly with one of the people across the Atlantic Ocean.

She thinks we could go on a cruise and do some of the writing... I'm all for that!

First, though, she needs to read those long-ago letters, which is slow going.

(smile!)

Then, later this evening, mi amiga Barbara came over for some MGM+ movies.

Her Comcast reward had already expired, so I'd selected two never seen for us.

One had William Peterson, of "CSI" fame, but she didn't know who he was.

Still, she did enjoy the two I'd chosen: "Kiss The Sky" and "Scramble".

Me, too!

Ah, the thrill of taking a chance and watching an unknown movie!

It's as nice as grabbing a book off a library shelf and discovering a new country within!

I'm so glad the weather was cool enough that she didn't miss the A/C!

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

The photo of Barbara on the loveseat in my house is in this post:

https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2023/06/mgm-film-festival.html

Why?
Why not!!!
(smile!)