Saturday, June 17, 2023

gallantly gallivanting at the gala

A little alliteration was most def required!
What an evening I've had!!!
I did, indeed, get dolled up, but not in a baby doll dress; good thing, as there were plenty of those being sported by the ladies there!
I guess those are the new fashion look!
But I was wearing a classic look, wearing my black birthday dress of 2020, with a gold buckle to fasten the self-ties together - loved it!
This was an occasion when one necklace simply wouldn't do, so I'd donned two of them!
The long one came from Italy with me in 2012, with its fabric beads fashioned in Positano.
What a great compliment I got for it tonight!!!
And the shorter necklace has ocean-toned glass beads and once belonged to Mama.
(smile!)
And just who had taken that photo of me?
This purple-haired lass did!
Danielle had come solo, as Thomas had to work, but I knew as soon as I saw her that it was no coincidence!
Right place, right time for both of us!
I'm so glad she was there!
She had never been to the Savannah Children's Theatre Gala before... and neither had I.
She had never been to a silent auction before, but I've been to quite a few so I explained how it worked.
She even put her name on the line for two items!
I tried to win four items, but I was relieved when one of them was outbid.
That's because The Magic House was in Missouri!!!
What a close call for me!
I'd only bid on it because of that word "Magic" - but I don't want to go that far for it.
I did put in a bid for more local mini-golf, even raising the ante when others chimed in for it... and I was victorious!!!
More rounds of fun for F-grrl and J-Dawg at Bogey's!
(smile!)
As for the other two items, I decided that I really didn't need to "Make Lemonade", but I had definite plans to "Meet Me At The Grill".
I had to keep bouncing over to up my bid because the Johnny Harris basket of goodies had quite a few interested parties... but, when the dust settled, my name was the last written!
I don't know who will be getting the cookbook, but the seven bottles of sauce will be split between my two brothers for Christmas.
Good to have that bit of shopping done!
(smile!)
What else did we have at this soiree?
Well, later there would be a live auction of vacation stays and legal packages and autographed jerseys...
but, before all that, and before the closing of the silent auction bidding, there was roast beast!!!
The tables were each decorated with props from the plays and musicals this year, both those already done and those still to come.
We chose the "Spongebob Musical", as shown here.
That's my Caesar salad in the foreground.
And the star of the meal is right here!
No, not the asparagus; look to the top left and middle.
That's meat, baby, lots and lots of the most tender, the most juicy, the most flavorful roast beast ever!
Honestly, I loved it so much that I forewent dessert to have another helping of that beef.
For real!
And what really made it shine was that other vegetable on the plate: carrots with horseradish.
Oh, yeah... such a grand combo!
I'm glad I hadn't bothered with the mashed potatoes, as that certainly wouldn't have left me enough room, on the plate or in my belly, for that fabulous beef.
I know the catering group was out of Augusta, but I don't recall their name.
Still, here's a heartfelt "Thanks, y'all!!"
(smile!)
Oh, I was about to leave without saying a single word about the mystery bags of wine!
Danielle and several other actors who were there, including Jojo in his salmon-pink bowtie, ponied up the 25-dollar fee to grab a numbered cork from a basket.
Then it was to match the number to the velvet bag on a big table by the bar.
The hope was to snag a hundred-dollar wine for that small fee, and several in the party had French labels on their bottles, so they got lucky!
Danielle "won" a lovely bottle of rose and pronounced it quite good as they all opened them and took swigs.
Such a funny scene that was!
And such a lovely party this was!
I just may have to go for my birthday again next year!
(smile!)

No comments: