Thursday, July 13, 2017

orchid in my house


I had not expected to go to my beautiful laundrette and return home with an orchid.
Nonetheless, that is exactly what happened.
I even tried to convince Nami that the plant might not fare well with me... but she insisted.
She had been given the gorgeous orchid, as well as another there at Wash Plus and a host of other plants, after her husband's death. After years of health issues, her Marine had succumbed on June 23. He was only 61 years old.
I had not found out about his death until July 2. The bfe had returned from an unsuccessful attempt to wash clothes and told me her store was closed. I had called her, of course, but the funeral had already been held and there was nothing for me to do... but I did let folks know about her loss.
And I took my time there today, talking with her, listening while she talked to me, giving hugs.
Then, as I was preparing to leave, she offered the lovely blooming flowers.
I really didn't feel that I should refuse... so I graciously accepted it.


Now, it is safely at home, having been strapped in on the passenger seat.
That's what you do with precious cargo, n'est-ce pas?
Nami was tickled that I did that.
(smile)

Now, I've mowed the front yard and part of the back.
Time for something cool to do!
I'm out at the school, catching up on a few things and awaiting the evening play at Jenkins Hall.
Which play?
Steve Martin's rendition of "The Underpants", done with verve as only the Masquers can do!
The bfe is to be there with Erica and her daughter, so perhaps I will see them, too...
but I'll be sure to keep my distance, as I have not yet showered after my yard work.
(smile)

No comments: