Wednesday, July 5, 2017

grateful for the bfe!



Today marked a month that the physicist has been living with me.
A month.
He gave me a check for the next month's rent this morning.
Apparently, the lack of air conditioning hasn't driven him away.
Wait, let me correct that...
he has the portable unit in his bedroom...
so, the lack in the rest of the house hasn't driven him away.
Nor has living with me sent him fleeing to the streets...
that's quite a neat trick, I must say.
(smile)
(He's definitely a keeper.)

This afternoon, I taught him how to use my lawnmower.
Hey, it was his request!
I kid you not.
Together, we cut most of the front yard before the battery was exhausted.
Then, we went downtown for dinner and a movie and didn't even shower first.
I kid you not.
We dined at Betty Bomber's, his treat -
quite unexpected! -
and then bopped over to the Sentient Bean for Jim's tribute to Adam West.
In honor of the departed actor, the Psychotronic Film Society of Savannah was presenting a double-header: two television pilots that never flew.
(Did you see the pun? Ain't it a peach?)
The first was "Lookwell", a very funny take on an actor who believes he truly is the detective he played in a past series.
Like I said, very funny! Sam J would have loved it!
We both definitely laughed at it!
The second pilot was one I had seen before, the 1968 "Alexander the Great". Jim had showed it during his "ShatnerFest" in 2011.
Why show it again, when William Shatner was clearly the star?
Well, Adam West had been cast to serve a major role in the series, had it continued.
The expense of the historic biopic destined it to doom, though.
Expense of the clothing?
Oh, no!
Such a glorious surfeit of exposed - and muscular - male flesh certainly needed no covering!
Ooh la la!!!
But the one dancing chica with the cleavage... that was pretty racy for 1968.
Go figure.
Oh, well, I certainly enjoyed seeing it again... and the bfe liked it, too.

He is definitely a keeper.

No comments: